• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PT AE2000 Motion Blur Gives me Headaches

perowneje

Standard Member
Hello eveyone - ive done a bit of reading and no one seems to have as much blur as me - As this is my first projector and im new to this, i cant decide
if this is acceptable or not. But i can not believe it is.
Some scenes make me feel a bit sick when i watch them. I just watched Inside Man - half way through the film - there is a camera pan around the room to an Ipod on the desk - i had to look away the blur was so bad.

Im watching an HD DVD through the Xbox 360. I know this is not a perfect
solution for watching HD DVD - but im guessing there is just a simple setting
im missing. I think playing normal DVDs is fine. Which plays at 25fps.
if the HD DVD drive plays at 24fps - but is connected through the xbox. does
the projector automatically detect at which frame rate to play at...or do i have to set it up. If so - can someone tell me how or link me to the solution.

Thanks in advance for anyones help. sorry if this has been covered many times before.

Phill1978

Established Member
Hello eveyone - ive done a bit of reading and no one seems to have as much blur as me - As this is my first projector and im new to this, i cant decide
if this is acceptable or not. But i can not believe it is.
Some scenes make me feel a bit sick when i watch them. I just watched Inside Man - half way through the film - there is a camera pan around the room to an Ipod on the desk - i had to look away the blur was so bad.

Im watching an HD DVD through the Xbox 360. I know this is not a perfect
solution for watching HD DVD - but im guessing there is just a simple setting
im missing. I think playing normal DVDs is fine. Which plays at 25fps.
if the HD DVD drive plays at 24fps - but is connected through the xbox. does
the projector automatically detect at which frame rate to play at...or do i have to set it up. If so - can someone tell me how or link me to the solution.

Thanks in advance for anyones help. sorry if this has been covered many times before.

what resolution you running ? 1080i ?

i have found amazingly a lot of lcd projectors and lcd tv`s dont like 1080interlaced and smaer an amazing amount.

of course 1080p is ruled out i think for yourself with xbxo360 hd dvd.

have you tried 720p and seen if the effect is as bad ?

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
To confirm if you are indeed watching at 24p, just press the PJ's menu button while watching. The top menu ('picture' I think) should show the resolution and frequency on the bottom right hand corner of the menu display, ie 1080/24p should appear. If this is already the case, then I would suggest that you turn both NR functions down as far as they will go (NR and MPEG NR) and don't overdo the sharpness control either.

Other than that I can't think of anything else, but hopefully this will be of some use.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom