1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pt-ae100e component inputs variety

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by madhatter, Mar 14, 2003.

1. madhatter

madhatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What variety of comonent video input does the pt-ae100 have. My DVD player outputs RGB, picture on a standard 28" TV is fantastic. I want to buy the JS RGB-component converter and a pt-ae100e projector. The converter outputs YUV. Not sure what the difference is between YUV, YPbPr and YCbCr.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Chris.

--------

Just begining home cinema project.

2. madhatter

madhatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found out the answer. The pt-ae100e accepts YPbPr(CbCr) component inpuits.

Y = 1V (p-p) 75r

PbPr (CbCr) = 0.7V (p-p) 75r

YPbPr signals = 525i(480i), 625i, 525p(480p), 750p(720p), 1125i(1080i).

Now I just need to find out if the JS RGB-component converter (or any other) converts to this standard.

Does anybody use a converter on a pt-ae100e.

Regards

Chris

3. madhatter

madhatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a look on the JS website and they have a technical Q & A section and I think I have found my answer.

The following is from their site, I trust it is fine to print it here.

Q. What is the difference between YUV, YPbPr, YCbCr and Y,Y-B,Y-R?

A. YUV and YPbPr are the same and are commonly found on domestic A/V equipment. YCbCr is their designation for computer use, where each are represented by an integer value and CbCr offset due to having negative components. Y,Y-B,Y-R is a non-weighted colour difference signal and if mixed with domestic A/V equipment will give a colour tint. Both Y-B and Y-R are at higher levels than would be expected by domestic A/V equipment.

And so it appears that I can use the JS converter to connect my DVD RGB out to the pt-ae100e comonent in.

Let the project continue......

Regards

Chris