PT AE100E bulb replacement

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well I;m almost there. Just passed 1700 hours and the picture is slowly getting darker so I assume it's time to do the deed and start looking for a new lamp.
Anyone else changed there's yet.? Also any ideas where best place to buy one is..

For the record I've only ever had one dead pixel which it came with and not a single problem since..:)

Originally posted by museumsteve
Just passed 1700 hours

I assume you've been running the unit in "high power" mode then, with a buld life of 2000 hrs.

If so why? Most use the PJ in economy mode. IMO the brightness difference between high/low is very small, & the reduced lamp life/extra noise make high power mode virtually unuseable on the AE-100.

Just curious ;)

BTW, haven't a clue about availability of replacement lamps. IIRC Timh got a quote for a replacement lamp some time ago.

Hi Museumsteve,

1700 hrs and no probs - theres hope for us all !!

Anyhow, check this out

http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/Epartr/PartslistChoice.asp?

The model number to enter is "ptae100u" - the lamp is about $215 - about £136 to you - not bad for 1700 hrs of fun ;)

I haven't used this site - I came across it ages ago over on avsforum - but you can check the lamp part number ( ET-LAE100 )with your manual - mine is awol at the mo ..

If you order one, let the rest of us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Sean G.

Kramer - I run it in high mode cos I have a icestorm 5 screen which is darker than normal screens. I do notice the difference quite a lot, especially when playing my games through it and as the bulbs are a decent price I really dont mind the time issue.

1700hrs+ and loved every minute of it. In all the time I've had it I think it has run every single day for hours on end and only once did it stop and that was when I neded to clear the filter. After my amp, probably the best item I've ever put in my room.:)

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.:)

Has no one else got to this stage yet..

I believe Calibos has gone well past 2000hrs at this stage, but in low lamp mode.

There's a good chance you've the longest runtime in high mode as most run on economy.

Best of luck with the bulb.

Maybe organise a power buy ;)

Hi museumsteve,

Seems a bit on the sttep side compared with the link I posted... I just checked and the lamp for a Sony 11ht is £450 + VAT !! nearly £530 - blimey it would almost make more sense to buy Kramer, buns or Comers PJ - no flames from 11HT owners please :D :D

If you do order it from the states, let us know how you get on...
because they seem to have every part for the AE100 it would be useful to know if they deliver to this side of the pond etc..

Good luck,

Sean G.

1700 hours :eek:

Only a humble 170hour on mine . . . . . in low power mode!!!

Great to hear some has nearly done 2000hours in High Power!! Good Stuff.

Best Regards
Amelia

I emailed av-sales last night for a quote on a replacement lamp for the Panasoinc PT-AE100, heres their reply

Thank you for your email; I am pleased to enclose pricing based on a purchase of the following;

1. Lamp module for the Panasonic PT-AE100 projector @£235.00inc.VAT
2. Delivery charge @£5.00inc.VAT

I don't think I would risk ordering one from the States.

Hi Timh,

I wouldn't be fraid of ordering it from the states - blimey folk here are ordering their PJs from Japan !!

Really the issue for me would be DHL charge from US to here, Import duty (could be c.15%), and 21%vat on the total of price + dhl + import - ( yes, it is a double tax !)

I couldn't be ar$ed working it all out ~(and fervently hope I won't need to for quite a while) but if it came within, say £50 of buying it locally I guess I'd go local too - at least if the lamp is ginky in any respect, you would/should have an easier job getting it sorted out.

Sean G.

Sean

The only reason I was concerned about ordering from the states is that you stand a good chance of the lamp arriving in pieces :eek: but if anyone goes fo it let us know how you got on, it might be worth ordering a replacement filter at the same time as they are only 90 cent's.

Just noticed over at http://eshop.panasonic.co.uk/ that they have LCD Projectors listed as coming soon, so we may not have to order from the States after all. :)

Hey Tim,

Noticed the time of your post....... 8.03 am on a Saturday morning... Whoa !!!

Tell us, was this before or after you went to bed ?? :D

Sean....zzzzzzzzz.

Originally posted by theritz
Hey Tim,

Noticed the time of your post....... 8.03 am on a Saturday morning... Whoa !!!

Tell us, was this before or after you went to bed ?? :D

Sean....zzzzzzzzz.
I was up early to do some DIY :(

Tim,

Been there lots - spent most of the day picking up bits and pieces for redecorating the sitting room - assembled 2 chest/coffee table type things, (including modifying them to take different hinges and handles :p ) - if I have to endure another "are these the right table-lamps" discussion i'll hurl :D :D .

Mind you, it results in lots and lots of co-operation for my movie room - got a pressie of a new dvd player last week !

Landing has to be wall-papered tomorrow or next weekend - ladder + planks job - oh well c'est la vie. Got to go watch highlights of MUFC whack Newcastle 5 - 3 ! :( grrrr.)

See ya

Sean G.

Up early again for more DIY :( big job in the Kitchen just to get the Tumble Dryer out of the Garage, Seal back door up, fit new base and wall unit's, move Radiator (a pain of a job) and then there's the floor to pick yet. I woudn't mind but its got nothing to do with DIY for my HC kit :( Still we have to keep them Happy.

Now what's the best price for this Lamp :devil: :D

Ohhhh Noooo becareful decorating the landing.... very dangerous job.......I nearly got hit by a plane.....I left the landing light on

Originally posted by Walter mitty
Ohhhh Noooo becareful decorating the landing.... very dangerous job.......I nearly got hit by a plane.....I left the landing light on
:D :rolleyes:

Decoration of landing temporarily postponed............ :(

excessive water on the runway;)

Currently in a holding pattern............ paterned cushions being discussed :)

Control tower indicates that landing expected next weekend :D :D

Sean zzzzzzzzzzzzzoom !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom