1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PT-AE100 + Sony DAVS 550 + NTSC playback??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by YaZiN, Jul 22, 2003.

1. YaZiN

YaZiN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am a real n00b to the Panny and the Sony so please please forgive me :(.

We have the panny connected via S-video to our Sony DAVS-550 DVD/AVS system and out of the box we could play our Region 2/4 dvds using the Auto 1 setup on the Panny.

I tried to play a Region 1 DVD yesterday and I get no signal to the Panny whatsoever. The Sony would play them as we had sound playing but the Panny wouldn't show a thing.

I tried manually setting the Panny to NTSC and tried playing again but nothing would show.

I am going to try and get back in time today to call Richer Sounds and find out if they can come out and reset the Sony to region free as it now seems to have lost it's settings and just gives a "Prohibited Region" message and doesn't play the dvd at all.

On a side topic...

We are also planning to hook our Sky Plus box to the Panny for Football/Movies but the cable length and position of our Sky+ box doesn't allow us to use the S-Video cable.
    I have read a few threads about people not being able to get the standard video connections to show up on the Panny. Does this mean that it doesn't pick up a signal if I were to run the rgb scart cable through an adapter and up to the projector??