1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PT-AE100 interference when using component and NTSC

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by niklaskarlsson, Apr 27, 2002.

1. niklaskarlsson

niklaskarlsson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I´ve used my PT-AE100 for about 3 weeks. About a week ago I noticed something that looks like some interference from some sort of electrival signal when watching an NTSC disc via component. There are diagonal bars that comes from the left part of the screen and moves upward.

When using NTSC via s-video or composit there is nothing. PAL shows no sign of these on component, s-video or composite. Only NTSC via components are showing this phenomenon.

Anybody got any ideas or solutions? I´ve tried disconnecting different electronics equipment shifting powercords etc, nothing has workd so far.

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    which dvd player are you using?
    Check in the player menu if it is set to pal/ntsc or auto.

3. niklaskarlsson

niklaskarlsson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I´m currently using a Sony DVP-S7700. There is no option in the setup to chose between PAL/NTSC/AUTO.

4. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use my VCR when watching TV on my projector. The VCR is connected through composite and the DVD by component. When the VCR is switched ON at the same time as I watch DVDs I get the same kind of diagonal lines you describe. When I switch off the VCR the lines go away. Somehow the composite-connection is interfering with the component. Maybe the interference is happening inside the projector, I don't know.

Tor Arne