1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PT-AE100 : greenish blotches ? dust ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dbiesmans, Feb 25, 2002.

1. dbiesmans

dbiesmans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a PT-AE100 and I'm quite happy with it, but there is this issue with some slightly gray/green blotches that have developed. They are less or more round and about a dozen pixels wide. I can only see them when I project a completely black picture.

Are these dust particles? How can I remove them?

Can I safely remove the air filter and blow in the projector trying to remove the dust? (if it's dust)

thanks,
    Dominique

2. trooper1212

trooper1212

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've got one of these green blotches on the right hand side of my image, I took it back to the dealer and they are going to replace the projector. The next shipment is early march so I'm stuck with a green blob for the time being :(

T.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a failed pixel youll know it!!
    Ive found that a failed pixel shows up whatever but dust splodges only show up in certain scenes..
    But blobs are quite common and are normally dust,an idea is to clean the lens with lens tissue(used on movie camera lenses)-and an air cannister.
    Doug
    ;)

4. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Sounds very like dust particles on the LCD panels. You will have to open the PJ and blow around the panels with a can of compressed air ( can be bought in any camera shop). This is something that needs to be done to LCD projectors quite regularly.

Perhaps somebody has already gone through the process and is willing to post the details here.

Conor