Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PT-AE100 - adjusting min throw....can you do it?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AndrewJ, Feb 20, 2003.

1. AndrewJ

AndrewJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the ubiquitous AE100, which until now was sitting on the coffee table in use...

I have now made a wall mount for it, to go on the wall behind the sofa. My problem is, that (whilst I was sure I calculated it properly- its clear now I didn't!) that the maximum throw for the screen size I had planned is too short....

I have 4.5m from PJ lens to screen, and only really have room for a 232 (92") diagonal screen - 268cm (105") at a real push.... but even with the 105" screen I can't get the omage quite small enough.

My question is - can you get supplementary lenses to adjust the focal length?

2. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    If you could get a lens it would probably be more than the cost of the pj:(

3. Dekim

Dekim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ive just done you a quick calc and at 4.5m fixed distance the min/max settings will give you a 119"/142" diagonal image :-(

Deks

4. AndrewJ

AndrewJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yes - worked that out this morning. As nice as a screen that size would be, it ain't gonna fit on the wall - well it would but would cover the door as well - plus 120"+ screens are £££

5. rthorto1

rthorto1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is actually a short throw lens (optional extra for AE300) that will reduce the image size!

Harb has posted a photo attached to his 300 on this forum aswell as a distance chart (search back over the last 2 months for posts from Harb) and is currently doing some image Vs distance measures for me.

Apparently is a perfect fit for the 100!

Now the problem:( you can only import it from Japan:mad: it is a panasonic part but panny uk will not sell you one and it looks like they will not offer it for sale when the 200 and 300 are launched.

I have the part No and price at home, will post them later time permitting! Cost is roughly around £200

6. rthorto1

rthorto1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Part No. TY-LECTE300: $339 (40,000 Yen),

If i take the plunge and order i will post my findings!