Psychoville Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton

brian s

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Category: TV Entertainment; BBC Two
Date: 09.10.2008

After creating the kind of northern town nightmares are made of, The League Of Gentlemen's Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton are looking for a new place to settle down... welcome to Psychoville.

Written by the Leagsters for BBC Two, Psychoville is a dark character comedy mystery featuring the weird and the wonderful.

Where else would you find a blind Beanie collector, a dwarf who's in love with his panto Snow White or a one-handed clown who makes balloon animals with his hook…?

Yet despite having different backgrounds, different interests, and coming from different parts of the country they share a common link.

Every one has been sent an anonymous, black-edged card marked just with the words: "I know what you did…"

Starring alongside Pemberton and Shearsmith, the cast includes Dawn French, Dame Eileen Atkins, Nicholas Le Prevost, Christopher Biggins, Daisy Haggard, Debbie Chazen and Adrian Scarborough.

It is directed by Matt Lipsey, designed by Brian Sykes, produced by Justin Davies and executive produced by Jon Plowman.

Psychoville was commissioned by BBC Two Controller Roly Keating and Comedy Commissioner Lucy Lumsden.

Roly Keating says: "BBC Two's The League Of Gentlemen became one of the channel's most talked about and idiosyncratic television comedies of recent years so we're very happy indeed to welcome back Reece and Steve with their latest creation."

Lucy Lumsden says: "With its sheer invention and wealth of original comic characters, Psychoville will be a very exciting addition to the line-up of new comedies on BBC Two in 2009."

Psychoville starts filming in mid-October 2008 on location in North London for transmission next year.

7 episode series. Start this June 2009.

Even darker than 'The League of gentlemen'. Can't wait :thumbsup:

psychoville.jpg

Clips

YouTube - Coming June 2009: Psychoville - BBC Two

YouTube - Coming June 2009: Psychoville - BBC Two

The characters of "Psychoville"

YouTube - Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton on the characters of "Psychoville"

When The League of Gentlemen was sold to Korea the broadcaster there renamed it Psychoville. Psychoville was just supposed to be a working title for this project - however the name stuck.

Last edited:
looking forward to it; thanks for the info Bri and Rai :smashin:

so Mark Gatiss and Jeremy Dyson have no involvement at all then?

Just to confirm, 'no', they have no part in the production off this series.

I'll give this a try, although I could only get on with the 1st series of League Of Gentlemen, the rest didn't do it for me.

IM looking forward to this . I cant decide weather to watch it or save all the episodes and have a long watch at the end . Hmmm decisions lol

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

going on the first episode this is a gonna be clasic :thumbsup:

I'd like to see another episode or two before I make my mind up. There's certainly a lot of style and LOG in there. I loved this one and I hope to continue doing so.

:smashin:
Bri

REALLY enjoyed the first episode - so much so that I watched the second straight after. Great. :thumbsup:

I thought it was an OK start but there wasn't much in it to make me laugh. I'll keep watching though.

Great stuff from start to finish. Some really memorable characters and some great lines. Up there with the first two seasons of the LoG.

I thought it was an OK start but there wasn't much in it to make me laugh. I'll keep watching though.

I don't think comedy is its main purpose, amusing yes, but i never go in thinking i should be laughing.

Last edited:

As a first episode it was setting up the situation and introducing the characters. Given that I thought it was excellent and the rest of the series should build on that.

:smashin:
Bri

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom