1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psycho on DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Andy Godfrey, May 9, 2003.

1. Andy Godfrey

Andy Godfrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is going on with the DVD of Psycho. Recently Play.com advertised a new special edition (Region 2) with documentaries, deleted sceens etc. Having ordered this I was disappointed to discover, when it arrived, that it is in fact the original release just re-packaged. Play have now changed their advertisment. Is there going to be a special release or not? Any help would be appreciated.

2. -J-

-J-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no its just a repackaged version of the old disc - play just copied most of the details from the r1 assuming theyd be the same!!

i bought it from virgin in the sale and took it back for my money next day as it wouldnt play (same as the previous version)

(out of 2000 films ive tried i cant play this film or twins r2 on my dvd player anyway for some reason - says incorrect region even though mines multi-region player - but ill get em on r1 at some point)

apparently the r1 is better quality anyway even tho its not anamorphic!

3. Andy Godfrey

Andy Godfrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. Its a shame that such a classic movie is not better represented on Region 2 - espeically when other Hitch. movies have had such good treatment. At least my copy plays, but I am thinking of sending it back! Guess I need to get a region 1 player!!!