PSVR2

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
So PSVR2 released and it makes the Quest, Index and G2 IMO all look like very bad deals.

Haptics in the headset and those sweet adaptive triggers.
HDR, OLED and high resolution visuals.
And releasing a Horizon VR game.

Absolutely killer features IMO and I'll buy a PSVR2 and a PS5 day one if it has a RE7VR patch to bring it up to modern standards. Looks like Sony kept that RE7VR exclusivity for a reason.

As a £919 Index owner, I do feel like I now truly own an overpriced piece of crap. Outside of audio and finger tracking, I feel this Sony will give a superior experience. I'm not sure if Valve are going to even show us any new VR hardware or software this year. Oculus said they were going to be quiet this year hardware wise but can they really afford to sit back and let Sony steal the show?

VR (as I predicted) was going to get interesting when Sony come to the party. Oculus will have to provide more tangible gaming experiences now to steal the thunder from Sony and Valve surely cannot get away with the current Index price once this drops.

scotthillier

People suggested vr would get interesting last time Sony came to the table. How did that pan out? Plus less people have the required playstation this time around.
Don't see how you can say how the Q2 looks like a bad deal when 1) it offers wireless capabilities and 2) you don't have to have a separate device to play the games on unless you want to and 3) it will probably be cheaper than the psvr2.

Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely get one, but I doubt it will offer better value than Q2 or Q3 as it may be by then.

I agree on the index though. Not worth it.
Great controllers though.

Hard to compare to anything without Price or Release date or actual hardware specs.

This will be competing with Quest 3 (what ever that looks like) most likely as Quest 2 is over 2 years old now so you know temper expectations a bit when comparing too device we do not have yet.

Does sound like it could be good but haptic feedback to my head ? I don't think so, thanks. Sounds like a recipe for headaches or moving the lens around in front my eyes when it vibrates.

So Sony announced there one off launch title then as a Horizon experience, Res Evil last time as there one off which was good mind but that was that really from Sony. As you can possible tell I am super on the fence about Sony and VR after last time. They just didn't commit software wise, lets hope this time its different and it doesnt matter how good there device is if the games are meh. (same applies to any headset I might add)

I think this will be a good quality device but locked via a wire to a PS5 and there Store only and hence at the mercy of their release schedule and game pricing which to date has only a bad history for me.

darren68uk

So PSVR2 released and it makes the Quest, Index and G2 IMO all look like very bad deals.

Absolutely killer features IMO and I'll buy a PSVR2 and a PS5 day one if it has a RE7VR patch to bring it up to modern standards. Looks like Sony kept that RE7VR exclusivity for a reason.

As a £919 Index owner, I do feel like I now truly own an overpriced piece of crap. Outside of audio and finger tracking, I feel this Sony will give a superior experience. I'm not sure if Valve are going to even show us any new VR hardware or software this year. Oculus said they were going to be quiet this year hardware wise but can they really afford to sit back and let Sony steal the show?

VR (as I predicted) was going to get interesting when Sony come to the party. Oculus will have to provide more tangible gaming experiences now to steal the thunder from Sony and Valve surely cannot get away with the current Index price once this drops.

Coming from a G2 if what you say above comes true ! Id also go all in, but by the time it comes about hopefully there will be an equivalent stand alone to match it, but its flipping great to see the competition heat up bring it on,

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member

how on earth cannot make quest 2 look rubbish. 1) it's not out yet. it may ultimately be competing with quest 3.
2) quest 2 is £299 for a complete VR package. show me where I can get a PSVR2 AND PS5 combo for close to that price.

it's an apple and bananas comparison.....

now... you may have a point about pcvr. but I would need to wait and see. I have my doubts that it will better my 3090rtx G2 VRnexperience but it doesn't need to I guess....... I suspect it will better any £900 PC and PCVR combo package so that would be a fairer comparison.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
how on earth cannot make quest 2 look rubbish. 1) it's not out yet. it may ultimately be competing with quest 3.
2) quest 2 is £299 for a complete VR package. show me where I can get a PSVR2 AND PS5 combo for close to that price.

it's an apple and bananas comparison.....

now... you may have a point about pcvr. but I would need to wait and see. I have my doubts that it will better my 3090rtx G2 VRnexperience but it doesn't need to I guess....... I suspect it will better any £900 PC and PCVR combo package so that would be a fairer comparison.
It has a 4K HDR higher resolution display alongside much better controllers with variable triggers and haptics in the headset.

In terms of a pure VR headset experience, its revolutionary and multiple steps above the Quest in everything but the lack of a tether. Thats also ignoring the fact that the PS5 will be having a native HDMI cable into the PS5 for full-fat bandwidth visual glory of games.

If we're talking about a cost and bargain basement prices, there is no competition; the Quest wins. If we're looking at the best possible VR experience, the PS5 has leapfrogged EVERYONE visually (the inclusion of OLED and HDR are honestly shocking and Sony have great panels) and the inclusion of their critically acclaimed haptics in triggers alongside a revolutionary haptics in the headset are welcome additions.

They've also boasted some form of audio upgrade, hopefully via codec which should further improve sound quality past what the quest can provide due to their patented DSP.

To clarify, I mean the PSVR2 makes the Quest look rubbish in regards to:
1. Resolution
2. HDR
3. Black floor
4. Contrast
5. Haptics in the controller
6. Full access via HDMI bandwith to the whole power of a PS5
7. Revoluinary new controllers with the adaptive triggers of the PS5
8. PS5 quality graphicis as opposed to the PS2/PS3 level stuff we have on the Quest.
9. ?eyetracking/foveated rendering

Whether the Quest wins, is
1. Cost
2. Portability

Once again, as your post seems to be triggered by the cost benefit; the Quest for a cost effective solution will reign supreme for ages. Its a sublime value but in terms of a reachable pinnacle of VR - visually the PSVR2 on paper seems to have put a big nail in the coffin for all of the LCD headsets if it lives up to its promise.

I say this as a previous CV1 and Quest 1 owner who has always felt the OLED panels of the older headsets had something the new LCDs we are forced to use (yes my Index included) don't have. That absolute black and colour/pop of an OLED in VR is so important.

Last edited:

CherryPan

Yea I saw its specs. I have to say that it will be interesting to see the foveatic rendering in action. I think it will be a breakthrough if they managed to pull that off perfectly.
Regarding its price, I'm sure it will be expensive as hell but that's what you give for a better experience overall.

I wouldn't compare the PSVR2 with the Quest 2, though. And I wouldn't compare it with a dream of getting Q3 either. Meta declared there would be no Quest 3. They'll be launching a new series of products from now on. (Project Cambria will probably be the first among them.)

At this point I think they'll be releasing PSVR 2 to show their breakthrough with the eye-tracking and foveatic rendering among other things.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Yea I saw its specs. I have to say that it will be interesting to see the foveatic rendering in action. I think it will be a breakthrough if they managed to pull that off perfectly.
Regarding its price, I'm sure it will be expensive as hell but that's what you give for a better experience overall.

I wouldn't compare the PSVR2 with the Quest 2, though. And I wouldn't compare it with a dream of getting Q3 either. Meta declared there would be no Quest 3. They'll be launching a new series of products from now on. (Project Cambria will probably be the first among them.)

At this point I think they'll be releasing PSVR 2 to show their breakthrough with the eye-tracking and foveatic rendering among other things.

PSVR2 is exciting because unlike Oculus/META and Valve, they're a company which will only do this once this generation.

Oculus/META know they can release a new line of VR headset, an OC3, a Project Cambria or just make up a new niche of headset. If they get it wrong, they can do it right later. They can release a D-tier headset knowing its cheap, affordable, and can release a C-rate one a little later and upgrade games accordingly.

Valve also know they can just do wtf they want because they have a cult of sheep will defend the index to the bitter edge. they will say they like the LCD compared to the OLED lol and the halos and the glare are like real life when u look in a car window when the sun is shining or some crap like that.

I also feel happy for PSVR users. they had the crappest bottom of the barrel fisher price headset with the stupidest controllers of all time and now are getting a GIGANTIC upgrade. they deserve it for supporting VR in one of its worst forms for so long whilst we have enjoyed a much better experience through out.

KingD

I think I will reserve judgement until more info is finalised on it, but I'm not sure I would be using words like "revolutionary" in fact, the only thing I see that seems to not have already been mentioned as upcoming in other headsets is the adaptive triggers, but even that might be coming I just haven't looked into it.

Looks more evolutionary to me. Also it needs to be comparing it to other upcoming headsets not existing ones with older tech. That's like comparing the PS5 to the Xbox One and saying it blows it out of the water (of course it does) 🤷‍♂️

Thug

I will save my excitement for when its released.
There have been FAR too many times that a VR HMD has been announced, promising to be the one to beat all others, only to fall flat.

4k and OLED is all good and well, but if the optics and sweet spot are poor then its not all that good. If the comfort is poor, then its an ornament, if the sound isn't on par or better than the G2 then they can keep it, if they FOV is more of a toilet roll insert than a letterbox then i will give it a miss.

I also feel happy for PSVR users. they had the crappest bottom of the barrel fisher price headset with the stupidest controllers of all time and now are getting a GIGANTIC upgrade. they deserve it for supporting VR in one of its worst forms for so long whilst we have enjoyed a much better experience through out.
Yeah it was Sony did that crap VR, not someone else, but now there the next VR messiah ? Hey its nice to be excited about something coming out but your posts read like marketing copy and I worry your setting yourself up for your own cult of disappointment when its finally released and its good, but not to the dizzy heights your raising it up too . Anyone remember the PlayStation emotion engine or the near mythical Cell processor. Yeah there were good when they came out (maybe not the emotion engine) at the time but its also a lesson to not to drink the Sony kool aid when its offered before its releases the actual hardware and more importantly any games or worst "experiences" which set off alarms when I heard that mentioned in the Horizon teaser video (it did look a bit on rails maybe ?)

Fingers crossed it great but they need to prove it and I wont take it on faith alone, They have a long history of over promising, let see how it pans out this time.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
indeed. Sony were the master of the bullshots and all that hype. it's not the only reason (there were many) but their "marketing" of the future PS2 was one of the things which killed the (fantastic at the time) Dreamcast.
the Dreamcast was a significant step up from anything else on the market. games like virtua tennis, crazy taxi, and plenty of others really made the PlayStation and N64 look old hat but such was the hype of the PS2 that so many people waited.
and when the PS2 launched surprise surprise it was nothing like what was promised.

and then there was the killzone and some F1 racing game shots on the PS3. they were alien colonial marines level of lies ......

I do not trust any company marketing but Sony I trust less than most
(don't get me wrong PS1, 2, 3 and 4(pro) were decent machines but nothing like what was marketed.

finally the thing I am most interested in I don't think has been mentioned yet. I actually like PSVR headset. esp when considering the potato that is the ps4 vanilla. it should do great things. but the tracking is what killed PSVR for me

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I think I will reserve judgement until more info is finalised on it, but I'm not sure I would be using words like "revolutionary" in fact, the only thing I see that seems to not have already been mentioned as upcoming in other headsets is the adaptive triggers, but even that might be coming I just haven't looked into it.

Looks more evolutionary to me. Also it needs to be comparing it to other upcoming headsets not existing ones with older tech. That's like comparing the PS5 to the Xbox One and saying it blows it out of the water (of course it does) 🤷‍♂️

Theres loads of information mate.

4K, HDR, OLED, Expanded field of view (from PSVR1), Haptics in the headset, adaptive triggers on the controllers, the controllers themselves do look great and given Sony are IMO multiple tiers above both Oculus and Valve in experience of making a good controller (PS Move excluded), I think we can expect them to be decent.

I see the Index and Quest 2 as evolutionary. This one looks a little bit more than what both of them accomplished alongside a comittment to top-tier high fidelity games with the Horizon game it seems.

Upcoming headsets? Which are you referring to? Oculus have said they are NOT releasing a new headset which is for the Q2 price point at the last FB connect. They said they'll release project Cambria but its not meant for the average VR user and more towards developers. Valve have announced nothing. HTC just dropped a new headset.

indeed. Sony were the master of the bullshots and all that hype. it's not the only reason (there were many) but their "marketing" of the future PS2 was one of the things which killed the (fantastic at the time) Dreamcast.
the Dreamcast was a significant step up from anything else on the market. games like virtua tennis, crazy taxi, and plenty of others really made the PlayStation and N64 look old hat but such was the hype of the PS2 that so many people waited.
and when the PS2 launched surprise surprise it was nothing like what was promised.

and then there was the killzone and some F1 racing game shots on the PS3. they were alien colonial marines level of lies ......

I do not trust any company marketing but Sony I trust less than most
(don't get me wrong PS1, 2, 3 and 4(pro) were decent machines but nothing like what was marketed.

finally the thing I am most interested in I don't think has been mentioned yet. I actually like PSVR headset. esp when considering the potato that is the ps4 vanilla. it should do great things. but the tracking is what killed PSVR for me

Tracking is now inside out. I agree the PSVR1 tracking is bottom of the barrel.

Yeah it was Sony did that crap VR, not someone else, but now there the next VR messiah ? Hey its nice to be excited about something coming out but your posts read like marketing copy and I worry your setting yourself up for your own cult of disappointment when its finally released and its good, but not to the dizzy heights your raising it up too . Anyone remember the PlayStation emotion engine or the near mythical Cell processor. Yeah there were good when they came out (maybe not the emotion engine) at the time but its also a lesson to not to drink the Sony kool aid when its offered before its releases the actual hardware and more importantly any games or worst "experiences" which set off alarms when I heard that mentioned in the Horizon teaser video (it did look a bit on rails maybe ?)

Fingers crossed it great but they need to prove it and I wont take it on faith alone, They have a long history of over promising, let see how it pans out this time.

TBH I'm very thankful to Sony. They introduced me to VR at a bargain price point which was accessible (back in the day, the Vive was EXPENSIVE as was the Oculus CV1). So keeping PSVR1 in context, it was pretty decent. Its just the move controllers that REALLY let it down. My best VR experience (Resident Evil 7) is a PSVR game.

I mean unless they flat out lie and instead release a 2K, LCD, headset with no HDR (which would be disappointing

I will save my excitement for when its released.
There have been FAR too many times that a VR HMD has been announced, promising to be the one to beat all others, only to fall flat.

4k and OLED is all good and well, but if the optics and sweet spot are poor then its not all that good. If the comfort is poor, then its an ornament, if the sound isn't on par or better than the G2 then they can keep it, if they FOV is more of a toilet roll insert than a letterbox then i will give it a miss.

99% sound will not be on par with the G2 or the Index. But neither is the Quest 2 but people are still happy with that? I'm personally a massive fan of good sound as you can probably tell by my signature so it is something that will be disappointing because I hate wearing over the ear headphones.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

HZD VR. Hopefully its not just some tech demo, but given the current standard and quality of AAA VR games, anything is better than nothing.

I rate Guerilla quite highly so I think they'll provide something pretty decent. If Sony follow this up with more of their IPs hitting VR (e.g. God of War, The Last of Us), I can't ask for more as this is pretty much what I asked for on one of my rants I posted here.

I'm personally really really satisfied that a company fully committed to GAMING is showing interest again in VR. Not Valve with their store front, not Oculus with their metaverse and social networking and not a hardware manufacturer like HP or HTC who don't provide anything to the gaming space. The only other companies I'd love to embrace VR are Microsoft and the god-tier Nintendo but they don't seem bothered.

Thug

I am sure it will be great.
Thats what 'next gen' is, its an improvement on the last gen, so it is bound to be better.
I will still hold off until i see it working/reviews by users, not Youtube people (although i will still watch them of course).
I have been bitten that many times (as we ALL have) by pre-release jargon, only to find the release version is watered down quite a bit.
Every (and i mean every) AAA game shows a pre-release cut scene, only for the release game to be VERY different. Hardware is no different.

Having said all that, i dont intend to buy a PS. The last one i had was the PS3 (i still have it and we still play Buzz games on it).

KingD

Theres loads of information mate.

4K, HDR, OLED, Expanded field of view (from PSVR1), Haptics in the headset, adaptive triggers on the controllers, the controllers themselves do look great and given Sony are IMO multiple tiers above both Oculus and Valve in experience of making a good controller (PS Move excluded), I think we can expect them to be decent.

I see the Index and Quest 2 as evolutionary. This one looks a little bit more than what both of them accomplished alongside a comittment to top-tier high fidelity games with the Horizon game it seems.

Upcoming headsets? Which are you referring to? Oculus have said they are NOT releasing a new headset which is for the Q2 price point at the last FB connect. They said they'll release project Cambria but its not meant for the average VR user and more towards developers. Valve have announced nothing. HTC just dropped a new headset.

Tracking is now inside out. I agree the PSVR1 tracking is bottom of the barrel.

TBH I'm very thankful to Sony. They introduced me to VR at a bargain price point which was accessible (back in the day, the Vive was EXPENSIVE as was the Oculus CV1). So keeping PSVR1 in context, it was pretty decent. Its just the move controllers that REALLY let it down. My best VR experience (Resident Evil 7) is a PSVR game.

99% sound will not be on par with the G2 or the Index. But neither is the Quest 2 but people are still happy with that? I'm personally a massive fan of good sound as you can probably tell by my signature so it is something that will be disappointing because I hate wearing over the ear headphones.

4K is pretty much the same res as the current gen Index/Quest 2 (only slightly more, lower that the likes of the Vive Pro 2 in fact) although OLED/HDR and a better FOV is a nice upgrade (no mention of lens type?)

I expect we will be getting similar/better in other upcoming headsets (we will certainly be getting at least 1 Meta headset this year).
The PS VR Controllers were awful, tiers below Valve and Oculus IMO, they are playing catchup,
Inside out tracking also playing catchup here (lets hope they do better than HTC). The PSVR2 also has to be wired all the time and has no built-in audio, those aren't complete deal breakers for me but certainly no "revolutionary" its nice to have the option to go wireless for casual use.

So, better screen, vibrating headset and resistant triggers is all that's really ahead of the current gen competition IMO, and with regards to games it has already been proven one "big name" title does not equal commitment to making VR games (looking at Sony and Valve here) that being said, if the games come, then I will be happy enough to pick one up.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
4K is pretty much the same res as the current gen Index/Quest 2 (only slightly more, lower that the likes of the Vive Pro 2 in fact) although OLED/HDR and a better FOV is a nice upgrade (no mention of lens type?)

I expect we will be getting similar/better in other upcoming headsets (we will certainly be getting at least 1 Meta headset this year).
The PS VR Controllers were awful, tiers below Valve and Oculus IMO, they are playing catchup,
Inside out tracking also playing catchup here (lets hope they do better than HTC). The PSVR2 also has to be wired all the time and has no built-in audio, those aren't complete deal breakers for me but certainly no "revolutionary" its nice to have the option to go wireless for casual use.

So, better screen, vibrating headset and resistant triggers is all that's really ahead of the current gen competition IMO, and with regards to games it has already been proven one "big name" title does not equal commitment to making VR games (looking at Sony and Valve here) that being said, if the games come, then I will be happy enough to pick one up.

Its moreso the inclusion of OLED and HDR which excite me visually. HDR has always impressed me when done right and OLED is what VR should be. Staring at an ugly LCD screen has always bummed me out about the Index because the lack of colour and punch is still visible and dark scenes fall apart and not immersive.

The PSVR controllers were PS Move controlled rebadged. As I said in my post excluding the PS move controllers. Sony otherwise with their console controllers are multiple tiers above Oculus and Valve in experience. They've been making consoles for longer than them. The PSVR1 was just not something they took seriously controller wise.

Wire is just really needed. Unless we're going to be spending £1000+ or dealing with potato level visuals of the Quest 2 for portable games, a wire will always be needed for VR until wireless technology takes quantum leap. This is because (IMO) the barrier to VR is still not the wire - its visuals. Visuals require more pixels, more FOV, HDR etc. This isn't possible without full fat bandwith from the GPU. If you want wireless, Quest is for people but Sony are a GAMING company, not a a social media company - to match the PS5 they will want the highest full fidelity possible. Oculus can afford to go tetherless because they're a metaverse/social media company first (something myself and Atmos have said for YEAAAARS and at last they admitted it at FB connect).

Sony's commitment to VR holds a lot more weight than Valve. Valve make a game every couple of years when they fancy it and go back on promises all the time. Sony make games all the time. The fact they've tasked one of their most popular studios with a VR game has SHOCKED me. Normally companies port these VR projects out to some crap developer which is why we get the rubbish we do. Even the PSVR1 exclusive library from Sony is as follows:

Bravo team
Dino Frontier
Eden Tommorow
Separation
Stardust Odyssey
Here they Lie
Wayward Sky
The Inpatient
Mini-Mech Mayhem
Wind and leaves
Golem
Playstation VR worlds
Tumble VR
Tiny Trax
RIGS
Monster of the deep FF XV
Arashi Castles of Sin
Table of Tales
Deracne
Everybody's golf VR
How we Soar
Bound VR
Fracked
Until Dawn : Rush of Blood
Statik
Farpoint
Iron Man VR
Firewall Zero Hour
Hitman 3 (now coming to PC)
Dreams
Blood and Truth
Resident Evil 7
Wipe out
Astrobot

The standsouts for me being Astrobot, RE7VR, FWZH and Blood and truth. Astrobot is a lot like Mario of the VR world, RE7VR is the best designed VR game IMO atmosphere wise, FWZH was the most fun.. well the only fun multiplayer shooter I ever played. I LOVED it. Blood and truth is beter than Oculus's copy of the game.

I'm not stating these are all knock-out games. These were games when Sony didn't care for VR that much... now they're taking it more seriously with an updated control scheme, its very exciting. I'm more excited about Sony's Horizon Zero Dawn than the GTA port from Oculus for example.

Last edited:

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not stating PCVR is dead or anything like that - its just MASSIVELY encouraging that one of the big gaming giants is taking VR seriously.

As I said, Valve (as an Index owner) contribute very little to VR gaming experiences. They OPENLY admit they want to set the paving blocks then sit back and let everyone else do the work and only get involved when they have to. e.g. Index - they didn't care for releasing an Index, they gave the building blocks to HTC but HTC were making such a mess of it, Valve stepped in. Also I've lost faith with them - committment to 4 VR games, only release one. Its a bad look.

Oculus I was a massive fan of for their exclusives but they've finally decided after Lone Echo 2 massively concentrate on Quest-first games and they devoted an entire FB connect to metaverse related activities. We aren't going to get a quantumn leap in portable GPU processing power and I do not think we're going to see a native Quest experience like LE2 anytime soon. So again, its slightly worrying.

For the future of VR, one of the big boys getting involved is MASSIVE.

Sony could have just released a rebadged HP Reverb G2 and people would have been happy. Heck, they could have released a rebadged Rift S and people would have been happy upgrading from PSVR but they've clearly put some thought and commitment into it.

I hope this gives companies like Valve the kick up the backside to release new hardware AND games.

I don't think this affects Oculus much - their meta plan looks much much bigger than gaming on a console.

scotthillier

Wire is just really needed. Unless we're going to be spending £1000+ or dealing with potato level visuals of the Quest 2 for portable games, a wire will always be needed for VR until wireless technology takes quantum leap. This is because (IMO) the barrier to VR is still not the wire - its visuals. Visuals require

Equine excrement.

The Bandwidth of WiFi 6 is basically what the vive pro runs wirelessly on perfectly. And there's a wifi6 chip in the Q2.
Problem that strikes me is you're too hung up on visuals, caring about the "pop" of colours and resolution numbers than the actual VR experience, the wonder of "being there" which is absolutely perfectly done in things like Alyx, with wireless freedom if you want it.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Equine excrement.

The Bandwidth of WiFi 6 is basically what the vive pro runs wirelessly on perfectly. And there's a wifi6 chip in the Q2.
Problem that strikes me is you're too hung up on visuals, caring about the "pop" of colours and resolution numbers than the actual VR experience, the wonder of "being there" which is absolutely perfectly done in things like Alyx, with wireless freedom if you want it.

lol you can stick to your Quest 2 whilst I upgrade to the next gen VR headsets with HDR, 4K+ panels, higher refresh rates and OLED if/when they drop :)

I like wireless but only without compromise. Its why I sold my quests.

KingD

I will be happy enough to wait for a next gen headset that will have all the above listed features, and be wireless capable also. :)

scotthillier

lol you can stick to your Quest 2 whilst I upgrade to the next gen VR headsets with HDR, 4K+ panels, higher refresh rates and OLED if/when they drop :)

I like wireless but only without compromise. Its why I sold my quests.
Zero compromise on my Vive pro 2 wirelessly thanks.

You write a LOT about VR and yet you think the experience should have a massive wire going to your head.
You care about visuals but being attached to a pc is fine?? Bizarre.

KingD

even my lowly Quest 2 works fine wirelessly, things have progressed that it shouldn't be a hurdle at this point, particularly in a "high end" headset like the PSVR2.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Zero compromise on my Vive pro 2 wirelessly thanks.

You write a LOT about VR and yet you think the experience should have a massive wire going to your head.
You care about visuals but being attached to a pc is fine?? Bizarre.

for the record... i hate the wire. i just hate the visuals even more so i'd rather they're fixed first. the low fov, low resolution, crap lcds annoy the hell out of me and detract me MORE than the wire.

I think the future for VR has to be wireless, but wireless needs to be tackled once we're over the visual hurdles, which I think are still there. Once we can get some high resolution panels, OLED, HDR with eye tracking to minimise the data that needs to be transferred over wireless, we'll be there.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG announces new CineBeam HU915QE 4K laser projector
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast | Maverick IMAX Review, 4K Disc News and More
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts