PSVR set up problem - no picture in the headset

danarama

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have set everything up as per instructions and went through the set up process but I never got any picture in the headset.
For a while there was a spinning circle of dots but it never moved on from that and I just get a blank screen now. I tried launching a game and the picture comes up on the tv and moves(tracks) with the headset but I still get nothing in the headset.

Tried the troubleshooting guide on the sony site which suggests it won't support "HDMI extensions" but I don't know what this means. If the HDMI out from the processing box goes to my amp before the tv does this count as an extension?
I don't see why that would effect anything as it's further down the connection chain than the headset itself so shouldn't be an issue should it?

Bit flummoxed and a lot gutted as managed to get one for launch but now can't actually experience it!

Any suggestions?

I'd certainly try going directly to the TV and eliminate the amp. I could be wrong but I thought that was a common complaint, having to keep switching leads depending on what you are using the playstation for.

Have you tried powering down everything and starting it all up again just in case it's a glitch?

I have mine going through my AV receiver and it's not a problem, what can be a issue is HDMI cables i had a problem with the Headset picture cutting in and out and going blank turned out a HDMI cable that worked fine on the TV wouldn't work well enough for the headset / processing box, when i tried another cable it worked fine so maybe try another cable if you have one spare see if that helps.

There was similar issues with the 4k bluray players, isn't there now a higher standard or speed of hdmi lead.

Thanks for the replies, I've tried powering down completely, hard resetting the PSVR and re-calibrating.
Not tried different cables, which one did you have to replace? The one from the processing box to the amp? I can give that a try tomorrow if I can find a spare HDMI cable.

yeah it was the one going from the processing box to the amp input that i would normally have the PS4 connect to.

Replaced the HDMI and no joy. Tried the headset plugged directly into the processor and got a picture! So I obviously have a faulty extension. Great. Wonder how long it'll take Sony to replace that!

Um if you look through your psvr box again you will find a spare cable that might fix the problem if you didnt see the cable you might have took the cable out and if you did check where you think you left it and if this fixs the problem your welcome and also comment or reply that it did not work or it did work i just wanted to know if it worked because i havent tried but if you tried it would probably work

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom