PSVR 2 Discussion

huxley

Oh I don’t doubt another wireless hmd will come out at some point.
Its good news of Sony’s commitment to VR consumers.

Atmos

@thesnowdog

Put it this way if Sony announced a wireless HMD to take on Quest 3 in 2022 I think FB would thank Sony for the 18 month heads up and plough on with even more launch titles.

Today Sony only confirmed what we already knew. 2022 release date, better controllers, resolution, FoV, tracking connected to the PS5 with a thether.

Glad there are going to give this another go in 2022 or 23, I should have a PS5 by then with luck. See How this competes with the what evers out at the time and how much it costs but more VR headsets from big players is a good thing.

Atmos

Jim Ryan​

“We believe in VR and have been extremely happy with the results with the present PlayStation VR and think that we will do good business with our new VR system for PlayStation 5. More importantly, we see it as something beyond this coming iteration that really could be really big and really important. We like to innovate; we think our community likes us to innovate. I’d turn around the question and say, “Why not?” For us, it’s a very logical step to take. We’re very excited by it and we think that people who are going to make VR games for our new VR system are going to be very excited too.”

Looks like Dev kits are going out soon.

They didn't say no standalone or or wireless play did they? They just said tethered to the PS5 the same as Quest 2 to a PC. To get the best PS5 experience at higher FoV and resolutions a tether is needed.

I'll be buying a PS5 and PSVR2 next year for sure.

Don't you think they would have said they were doing so if they were planning to do so..? Doesn't make much sense to announce something and then not mention its best feature, does it? 😲😂

Atmos

Don't you think they would have said they were doing so if they were planning to do so..? Doesn't make much sense to announce something and then not mention its best feature, does it? 😲😂

They didn't announce any features. They only said it was going to be better than PSVR in every way.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I’ll be onboard this time round, had hoped for wireless but, not waiting another 6 years for psvr 3 to be wireless

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom