PSU or something else fail?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by stuismad, Nov 27, 2010.

1. stuismad

stuismad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

Heres my specs before my epic fail on my system (some my fault)
    Abit AX78 mobo
    AMD Athlon x2 64Bit 3GHz (6000+)
    4gig Corsair performance ram DDR2 1033
    650Watt PSU, I Will post brand later
    Win 7 Home premium 64bit

Heres my tail of Fail...

So i tried to flash the bios (Just curious to see if some issues I was getting were fixed by new bios) this was done in windows. I got a little way thru and it hung, so before I did any more damage i ended the process, it cleared and thaught nothing of it.
    So I carried on as usual playing games etc. and pop there goes me machine. i tried resetting a few times but to avail, so I took side of case off and found the LED read out and saw post error code was F.2, I did a google on my laptop and found some stuff that associated with this error, i found 3 things that stuck out which were Bios, Graphics and PSU failure.
    So i did some steps cleared the CMOS by the EZ switch, the battery and the jumper but nothing, everything booted up fine but no screen and still F.2.
    So I changed out cards etc for older ones that I know are working but nope same error.
    At this time I thought nothing of the psu, just thinking if it lights up my board it shud work,
    So luckily good ol ebay found me a replacement board (same model)
    So I replaced the board and put Ram, CPU, 1 HDDm G-card and keyboard.
    I fired it up and everything lit up and post code came on LED read out FF which i got wen pc was fine, BUT still no screen or boot, thought of graphics again, changed card, that didnt work, took ram out that didnt work, so I did some googling and same came up with PSU failing?
    Im off out during the day to get a decent PSU maybe a 700w one, but do you guys think its the PSU or have i fried something else which im dreading yes the processor (oh god let it not be that) so that my story and question at the end, sorry it was long but had to go thru the steps.

Cheers

Stuismad aka billy the bios blower (yes my mates now call me that)

2. stuismad

stuismad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just to finalise that I was using this - Hiper 630W PSU, i have had it since Aug 08.

3. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010