PSU Help

Reaction score
Hi There i bought a Coolermaster 500W PSU yesterday for me pc and have been told its junk

can anyone reccomend a better psu ??

Who told you it was "JUNK".
So what did they recommend!

There are better ones out there like Seasonic, Enermax, Corsair, etc, but Coolermaster are far from junk.

Which one did you buy and what's it powering?

its powering

HD7750 Graphics
i3 2120 processor
blu ray drive
1tb drive

it was a GTX lite coolermaster

Last edited:
Not planning on adding another graphics card or overclocking are you? Your system will need no more than 200~250W so you'll be fine. OK the Coolermaster power supplies aren't high end but they certainly aren't junk and I'm sure it'll serve you well.

The Coolermaster will be fine. The reviews on Newegg, Amazon, etc, are from individuals and they are usually aren't the best. If you're going to read reviews go to proper review websites. ;)

The Coolermaster will be fine. The reviews on Newegg, Amazon, etc, are from individuals and they are usually aren't the best. If you're going to read reviews go to proper review websites. ;)

Yeah, Amazon reviews are worthless for a black box item like a power supply. Most users won't have a clue why they failed so it could be something unrelated to the PSU (e.g. damage in transit) and people are more likely to post bad reviews anyway because if it works you forget about it.

Best to stick to professional reviews, although unfortunately there aren't many of them around for power supplies. JohnnyGuru and Kitguru are generally well regarded.

Coolermaster aren't brilliant but they're OK and even if that '500W' unit doesn't deliver when stressed you've got a low power system that would be fine on a 300W PSU so unless you can return it for free I'd stick with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom