• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Psu for 560tiOC sli

8ace

I have a [email protected] 16gb of Vengance & XMS Ddr3 this psu before they were bought out by Ocz Silencer 750 Quad Crossfire Power Supply, 750w - PC Power & Cooling and a gigabyte 560tiOC with a single Sata 500gb HDD and a single Sata DVDr

Specs for psu are

750W Continuous @ 40C (825W Peak)
Up to 90% (10dB) Less Noise per Watt
NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX)
80+ Certified (83%); .99 Active PFC
+12VDC @ 60A (Powerful Single Rail)
Rock-Solid, Super-Clean DC Output
24-pin, 8-pin*, 4-pin M/B Connectors
Quad PCI-E and 17 Drive Connectors
Automatic Fan Speed Control Circuit
5-Year Warranty and Tech Support

I would like to add another Gigabyte 560tiOC

Having a read around I hoping it'll be fine as this psu is efficient any thoughts on this being enough for sli ??

cheers in advance

paulktreg

You're cutting it close with an overclocked processor and two already overclocked gpu's but you should be OK. The TDP of your graphics cards is around 200W each so that leaves 350W for the rest of your system. Overclocked processor can use a surprising amount of power but you'll rarely if ever hit 200W per gpu so I'm sure you'll be fine.

mac40

You should be ok, probably at its limit depending on what you run.

I don't know much about that particular manufacturer of PSU and is quality but I have a 750W Antec and it runs fine for games and have benchmarked it with prime, Intel burn test and furmark all running at the same time and its 700w according to my wattage reader thingymabob. I am thinking of going for a 850W to give a bit more headroom.

I2500K oc to 4.3
SLI GTX 570 oc to 800 core, 4000 memory.
2 x HDD, 1x SSD
1 x DVD internal, 1 x Bluray drive internal , 1 x ext HDD
plus multiple ( I think 8 usb devices of various types)

edit. actually I just noticed the single 12v rail on your PSU is rated at 60A. That may be pushing it too close for 2 x 560, What A does the 560 pull?

Last edited:

8ace

Yeah it's on the border line all of it lol. A new psu will be another £200 on top of £200 for the cars so it's a bit of a double whammy if I have to do it. If I did end up having to get a new psu I suppose it would do me for a few years :)

8ace

You should be ok, probably at its limit depending on what you run.

I don't know much about that particular manufacturer of PSU and is quality but I have a 750W Antec and it runs fine for games and have benchmarked it with prime, Intel burn test and furmark all running at the same time and its 700w according to my wattage reader thingymabob. I am thinking of going for a 850W to give a bit more headroom.

I2500K oc to 4.3
SLI GTX 570 oc to 800 core, 4000 memory.
2 x HDD, 1x SSD
1 x DVD internal, 1 x Bluray drive internal , 1 x ext HDD
plus multiple ( I think 8 usb devices of various types)

pretty similar to what I'm looking at but you have 2x570's so I presume mine would run a little less plus my oc is down a little lower so may be a viable project :)

Sartios

Banned
750w will be fine, but that's the minimum, I wouldn't go any lower.

I run a Corsair TX750, with my 2500k and my two 560 Ti's in SLI and it all runs fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom