Psp

Dunkan

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am going to Dubai soon for a well earned holiday and am thinking of picking up a PSP whilst out there if i can get a good deal. Wot do you guys think would be a good deal or has anyone brought one out there recentely ??
Thx

I don't remember the games prices being particularly attractive in Dubai, but to be honest I didn't look that hard. I picked up a DS in the duty free before leaving the UK and was content with that :p.

Dunkan

I went to Dubai in December 2006 and picked up my psp from there. I've been there a few times so i know where to shop and more importantly where not to shop!!!

If you buy one from the large shopping centres your looking at more or less the same price as the UK... so not really worth it.

In the areas where you can pick up 'fake' goods there are plenty of shops selling them. However be very careful of these seedy small shops. I got offered a brand new value pack for £65! These psp's are either returned goods, broken or stolen!

I ended up getting one from a large-ish shop in Nasser Square (where all the electricals are). They've stopped 'haggling' these days so i doubt you'll be able to budge on the first price they give you. Try and pretend you are from the USA as they will then quote you a price much cheaper than if they know your from England! Cheeky buggerz!

Theres basically two types of PSP's....one sold with an international warranty and without. The one with the warranty is similar to UK prices but still cheaper. If you buy one without warranty it will be much cheaper. I bought a value pack with Tekken for £110 (about 5 months ago) so not too bad......................

BUT

A week after getting back to England i had problems with the screen and sound! And no Sony Warranty! ............... (had to be creative in getting Sony UK to give me a replacement for free!!!!!!!!).

Also bear in mind that you will be sold the European model with the two pin plug which does not come with an English manual. I did plug this straight into my UK socket so not sure if the voltage difference caused the psp to malfunction. May need to buy some sort of converter.

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

Also bear in mind that you will be sold the European model with the two pin plug which does not come with an English manual. I did plug this straight into my UK socket so not sure if the voltage difference caused the psp to malfunction. May need to buy some sort of converter.

I find that rather strange, they use the same 3-pin socket system in Dubai as we do here..

I find that rather strange, they use the same 3-pin socket system in Dubai as we do here..

I bought the European model..........PSP 1004K IIRC. They either sell the US version or the European.....no specific UK version which is 1003K.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom