PSP,winning 11 WHAT A PILE OF ****

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i am absolutely fuming :mad: besides trying for 6 hours googling and trying,downloading and trying firmware trickers,swap UMD tricks and nothing working i thought well its time to bite the bullet and upgrade from version 1.00 to the dreaded 2.00 (please,please boys hurry up with the crack) so i did the dirty to play my beloved football perfection and what was i greeted by :mad: an absolute mockery of the greatest footall game ever developed.the longest camera view is far to close in on the players and god help you if your use to wide on the ps2,you cant see more than 5 feet infront of you so basically you spend 40 percent of the time looking at the map.the screen blurs,the control is clunky as **** and i payed 30 quid for this :mad:

i never rated the DS at all and rated it even less when i got my PSP but i tell you one thing,nintendo develop games for there handhelds a hell of a lot better than sony do.KONAMI,EA and ROCKSTAR are all VERY guilty of developing games that simply dont port well to the PSP.i`m seriously thinking of binning the PSP as if this is the best you can get then i think i will leave it well alone.the games are being developed so lazily its unbelievable and its not just sony either.ALL GLOSS ,NO SUSBSTANCE imho.

Oh, I was waiting so much for this. Could you give a little more details? Have you tried Fifa before? I thought Fifa was awful and sold it in expectation of Winning 11, but now... I need a footie game for my PSP.

Beethovenian said:
Oh, I was waiting so much for this. Could you give a little more details? Have you tried Fifa before? I thought Fifa was awful and sold it in expectation of Winning 11, but now... I need a footie game for my PSP.

well first things first,only bought fifa because i played 2005 on the xbox and it played a reasonably nice game of football IF you didnt compare it to pro evo to much and accepted it on its own terms.starngely enough both fifa and pro evo have slowdown :mad:

well i have had a few more games after my initial shock and im (ok maybe its not a pile of **** lol)still not happy.i noticed it with fifa and its the same for this the plain truth is the design of the psp is not best suited to football games.reaching up to the dpad to do the special moves etc is a pain in the arse,the analogue just doesnt feel right on this and for the first time since fifa i found myself needing to rest my hands after pretty much every game.when the ball is being pinged around the screen blurs (cant say i noticed this on any of my other games to be honest) now wether this is because of the LCD screen i dont know but the blurring is a lot more pronounced on this.

lets not sugar coat it pro evo has never been about graphics and while it may not have the glitz of fifa etc it still has a nice look about it,but having NO wide camera angle just shows up more graphical faults than having the distance further away(the camera angle really does **** me off) im not even sure why they chose not to have a wide,medium or close selection if the psp is only limited to 3 cams.i also found the loading times to be a little drawn out and i never really thought the loading times where that much of a hasslel on fifa myself even though people moaned.

i think the reason im so gutted is i`m spoilt by the ps2 version and it simply isnt as controllable and that camera angle is one of the biggest bug bears imho.i only ordered fifa on release because i needed a footie game and didnt fancy WTS and i knew it would only be a stop gap untill pro evo then it would be sold or shelved but it isnt the knockout blow i was hoping for and i would certainly consider dusting off fifa for another chance.

i knew about the lack of masterleague and it didnt really put me off to much but it would have been nice BUT to not have the master league and not have the basics aswell is a bit of a joke and when you add the slowdown to this equation its a huge let down.

You are talking a load of B*****cks !

This game is very very good basically a smaller version of WE9 on the PS2.

everyone else Dont let one persons attitude put you off,

I have been playing it nearly 2 weeks, i never even look at the radar! You CAN see plenty of the pitch

widescreen is just fine no major difference and I can play plenty of matches without any hand issues. (Unless you have hands like a chimp!)

Be warned though that it plays quite diferently to PES4 , you get closed down much much quicker and the overall pace is a bit slower but better

I knew some joker would come on here spouting something like this becaus they cant play it but dont let that put you off. The slowdown happens so rarely and is the same as what you get on PS2 version of PES4 and has NO impact on the game.

This game requires you to rethink how yu play and will give you a rockhard challenge , I never scored in my 1st 3 matches! You have to really learn to pass and CREATE opportnities to score and when you do its great.

Go and read a few reviews from elsewhere people are raving about how good this is, IT IS PES4?WE9 in your hands.

As for the poster of this thread GO AND PRACTICE!!!!

nb getting the analogue stick addons really helps with this game , basically makes analogue play ok!

fully agree with spacecat. albeit not as harsh lol

This game is great and shits on fifa. Im no fan boy by any means i love pro evo but embrace fifa as well (not a decent one since fifa 98:RTWC). But this game is good. Dont expect a ps2 game the psp is not a ps2.

Cowden_harley said:
(not a decent one since fifa 98:RTWC).

Totally agree. That indoor soccer mode rocked. Can't believe they dropped it.

Spacecat said:

I have been playing it nearly 2 weeks, i never even look at the radar! You CAN see plenty of the pitch

widescreen is just fine no major difference and I can play plenty of matches without any hand issues. (Unless you have hands like a chimp!)

Be warned though that it plays quite diferently to PES4 , you get closed down much much quicker and the overall pace is a bit slower but better

I knew some joker would come on here spouting something like this becaus they cant play it but dont let that put you off. The slowdown happens so rarely and is the same as what you get on PS2 version of PES4 and has NO impact on the game.

This game requires you to rethink how yu play and will give you a rockhard challenge , I never scored in my 1st 3 matches! You have to really learn to pass and CREATE opportnities to score and when you do its great.

Go and read a few reviews from elsewhere people are raving about how good this is, IT IS PES4?WE9 in your hands.

nb getting the analogue stick addons really helps with this game , basically makes analogue play ok!
First off its only his opinion and you need to tone the attitude down just a little. Just because he does'nt like the game does'nt mean you can post you are talking B*****cks! and call him a joker.

chrislad said:
Totally agree. That indoor soccer mode rocked. Can't believe they dropped it.

oh it was ace I fancy getting it on pc just to have a shot of again.

-Jay- said:
First off its only his opinion and you need to tone the attitude down just a little. Just because he does'nt like the game does'nt mean you can post you are talking B*****cks! and call him a joker.

fairplay point taken? but sometimes when a post is so far off the mark you just have to reply!! bit of Rooney response granted but the basics are factually correct

besides trying for 6 hours googling and trying,downloading and trying firmware trickers,swap UMD tricks and nothing working i thought well its time to bite the bullet and upgrade from version 1.00 to the dreaded 2.00 (please,please boys hurry up with the crack) so i did the dirty to play my beloved football perfection

sorry mate, but you couldn't have looked very hard - the WAB version changer would have prevented you from having to do this. You could have even used the UMD emulator as you have the original UMD. Both of these tools are all over PSP sites

Cowden_harley said:
oh it was ace I fancy getting it on pc just to have a shot of again.

I'm going to have to locate a PSOne version now. Good times with that game.

yeah if I had a ps2 or 1 i would do that too. hopefully fifa 06 is more fun

winning eleven on psp is quality a wireless game is unbelievable, i think a lot of you guys forget psp is a handheld machine and does not play like on a 46 in tv,

Spacecat said:

ALRIGHT MARY KEEP YOUR BRA ON LOL.

you DO have to use the radar especially if your turbo`ing
the screen does blur,unless your telling me yours doesnt ?
the control method isnt the best
and it is a clunky control method without the second analogue next to the right
and as for the chimp hands lol well there more gorilla like :rotfl:
oh and as for the slowdown not having any bearing on the gameplay :eek: yeah it doesnt effect you at all when your taking a corner the box is packed and the game turns into the matrix bullet cam action :rolleyes:
:hiya:

oh and the WAB firmware tricker did nothing.it just turned the screen black like it was booting it up then went to the home screen :thumbsdow

offloaded this turkey today so sorry but i wont be selling it on the forum.

i wont bother to quote but i have none of your problems!
no blur, dont use the radar (never have in any pes game), minimal slowdown but with no effect on my gameplay i rarely even notice it, never use the 2nd analogue stick.

Mind you im playing it off my memory card at full speed, if you had sussed the WAB firmware trick you would have been laughing now your stuck with no game and a 2.0 PSP!

If its A Turkey ROLL ON CHRISTMAS!!!! :D :D

i was just reading that if played off a memory stick the slowdown isnt there lol nice one KONAMIl.shame you have to pirate a game to get it running properly eh ;) what firmware where you on when you got wab working ? i was on 1.00 and by all accounts winning 11,firmware 1.00 and wab arent a happy bed partner maybe thats why i had probs.

your not seriously telling me using that dpad for the tricks isnt a pain in the arse ? it wouldnt be to bad if you could see far enough to actuall read the pitch ;) the blur isnt just my eyes im sure of it as i have read it on here and other forums,you must have a no blur lcd :hiya: im glad i got teh cash back for it and the firmware is about to be cracked within 2 weeks in my estimation :thumbsup:

:confused: Please don't tell me Fifa 06 may be a serious consideration?

LOL nah i`m not that desperate just yet but i didnt mind fifa 2005 on the psp for the quick scenario games on my breaks at work etc.dont get me wrong EA are as bad as KONAMI but my expectations where so low when ordering fifa when it actually came it was a nice surprise and id rate it 6 out of 10.

with pro evo i was expecting to much and received little a bit of a body blow,what i would say is try it for yourself but the combination of blur,no wide camera angle,slowdown (unless your using a memory stick ;) ) and dpad for the tricks (not konamis fault granted as this is the design of the psp and the same fault was on fifa) just adds upto a dissapointing experience.

i can actually forgive fifa for the tricks button on the dpad as the wider camera angle allowed you to see abit more of the pitch and read the attacks while on pro evo if your turbo`ing its a different story.if i get a wide angle on the uk one and the slowdown isnt there i WILL give it another go.starnge how the lack of shoulder buttons hasnt bothered me one bit though.

they couldn't have done something like hold down L or R or both, and flick nub for special trick? Or does control setup prevent this?

I'll wait for Fifa 06 reviews. Both come out about same time in UK, so I can't lose

LFC_SL said:
they couldn't have done something like hold down L or R or both, and flick nub for special trick? Or does control setup prevent this?

I'll wait for Fifa 06 reviews. Both come out about same time in UK, so I can't lose

:eek: now the double hold trick would have been nice as your fingers are already on the buttons :thumbsup: and im not writing off fifa 2006 but if no improvements have been made on the uk winning 11 then im will be jumping onto the fifa bandwagon IF they have learnt there lessons from 2005 on the psp.

I'm far too clever for my own good. A big company should hire me :rolleyes:

I use a analogue extra hub stick and have no problems controlling with it. try PSPTREE (google it) they send in one day.

I have no idea what blur you are on about, and i can see plenty of the pitch and pass and set up moves properly.

To be honest I only play it now and then because i play loads of PES4 online on a 24 inch dell widescreen monitor! But when I do i have a very very good gaming experience
what more can i say?

BTW u may be in luck see 2.0 to 1.5 downgrader

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom