1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP What a piece of Kit!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by BuFF DaDDy, Aug 4, 2005.

1. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Yeah I did say Kit!

Im so pleased I brought one, I cant put it down. Anyone else think this slab of hand held cool is the dogs nuts?

Ive put pictures of my 4 month old on there to show peeps at work, Telesyncs of Sin City and SW3 ROTS on there and they look mint (I dont condone piracy, just wanted to see what they looked like!)

So glad I brough a 1gb MSD as well, filling it with trailers and TV Shows at the moment.

Even the Mrs approved of me getting it, I wish she was like that when I brought my Arcade M.A.M.E machine!

Just wanted to spread some PSP happiness and support, Im well pleased with mine!

:thumbsup: to Sony!

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    grrrrr stop it. I'm still counting down to Sept 1st....

3. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Worth the wait and then some mate!

I wanted a US one for cheap movies

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    i agree it's fantastic...bought my son one for his birthday in July from movietyme and loved it so much i bought myself one the week after!!

5. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Even my 63-year old dad was impressed when he played Everybody's Golf on my PSP last week! I was very shocked.

6. Cyril

Cyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    The PSP is a STUNNING piece of kit for the price. Even more amazing is/was the Tapwave which had similar ,in fact MANY superior features - dual SD slots, rumble vibrate, 100 000 Palm OS programs e.g. organiser, spreadsheet, remote control, etc.. and also bluetooth and infrared but wifi only with SD). That came out 2 years ago!!!
    Unfortunately it didn't have much marketing or game designers signed up to it.

7. zazwaldo

zazwaldo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I too am glad I took the PSP plunge. I am currently working offshore so its acefor me to carry around and am dueto move to the states for 6-12 months soon. Cheap games here I come!!!!! Everyone out there BUY 1!

8. lostinspace

lostinspace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    I've just seen one running a film,and then a game.Honestly I wonder how many people will buy films they already own,on another format which is completely incompatible with any other players?When I settle down to watch a movie,I watch it on a bigger screen than that,with better sound than that.I wouldn't say no to one for playing a few games on,but for movies?I love films too much for that!It would be nice to take on hols to the beach,but I'm away for 2 weeks,so the rental would kill me!
    One question,though.Shops,restaurants etc can only show items certificated 12 or below in case kids walk in.What's the position on what you can watch in public?Are there any possible problems watching Terminator on the bus if a 3 year old is kicking the back of the seat?Where would the line be drawn?Obviously watching a sex film on the tube could leave you open to some right grief,whether by authorities,or by irate parents,but what's the rule(if there is one)?

9. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    There probably isnt a law in terms of the bbfc ratings but you could be done for public display of copyright material. In the same way you're not allowed to lend your dvd's to you mates you need to be careful noone is watching your psp movies over your shoulder or sony's piracy brigade will be after ya!!!

10. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    Errr you can save your DVDs on your PC/Mac then convert to MP4 format, then transfer to MS for viewing on PSP. Might seem tiresome but what can you do?

The point of the PSP is portableness. A 2 hour film to while away a train journey. I understand the purist point of view with the whole surround sound setup, but some inc myself see the allure of being able to watch a film anywhere

Nah, why should there be? I doubt a 3 year old could see over the top of a seat anyway. If they're standing and jumping, I'd have a (polite) word with the parent

I dunno the law. Its in public, but its for private viewing. The screen is small so its not like all the kids can see it. You'll prob have headphones on so....

11. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I agree with what LFC SL said, Ive converted loads of movies from my own DVD collection for use on my PSP, I too like watching movies on my large screen TV at home, but when your on the train or spending alot of time in hotels the PSP screen is the best there is to watch my DVDs on.
    Also putting the headphones on makes the experience much more enjoyable than just using the PSP speakers the sound seems to come to life!