Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PSP Video 9 Settings....

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by robklobb, Sep 14, 2005.

1. robklobb

robklobb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont know if anybody can help but I have a 512mb memory card and wish to put a film of around 1 hr 30 mins approx. Can anyone suggest what settings i should use. For example ive just converted 'The Lost Boys' using 320x240/15fps/512kbps Stereo/96kbps, resolution set at 320x240 and Framerate 29.97fps. However the playback quality seems alittle poor. I know the obvious thing to do is to buy a 1gb memory card but i only to stick to the 512mb @ the mo. Also i know that if i increase the Existing Quality profile the playback will improve but was wondering if theres anybody who's also using the 512mb card with similar issuses? :rolleyes:

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,428
    No worries, I have a 512 mb stick too, but can just about put Pulp Fiction on it. I presume you have latest v1.70 of PSP Video 9

1. On profiles tab of Setup, choose SP/368x208/29.97fps/768kbps Stereo/128kbps
    2. Click 'New Profile' button
    3. Change video bitrate to 300 kbps - type it in!
    4. Keep audio at 128 kbps. No point making it higher, don't go lower than 64 kbps. Again can type in numer
    5. Change 'Sample Rate' to 24000 Hz. Keep stereo as, and type in a volume. I have it at 1000% - yes, type it in
    6. Choose a name for custom profile, then click 'Apply' button
    7. Save your profile

Pulp Fiction is 2.5 hours, and 300 kbps video leaves 10 mb free. Don't go below 292 kbps, its not worth it. Mess with bitrates, and use the profile picker tab to see a v.accurate indication of file size

Keep frame rate at 29.97. making it 14.985 means a loss in quality, as well as potential voice/pic synch probs

I find 300 kbps perfectly acceptable. If you don't like it, you need to buy a 1gb stick, and increase video bitrate

3. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,134
    Those settings worked a treat for me - thanks! :thumbsup:

Just finishing off transcoding the first half of The Office series 1 to transfer onto my PSP. :D