1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP v1.50 with warranty

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Elmer, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Are there any places apart from ebay where you can still buy psp v1.50 as I'm not that keen on buying one off ebay for £175 and not getting a warranty with it.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    You said it. They'll all have 2 put on them by now

3. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
  4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,426
    Is it not possible to run an 'upgrade' back to 1.5? Or does the PSP not let you do this?

5. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    As of yet no one has found a way, once you’ve upgraded or bought a later firmware psp that’s it you can’t go back.

6. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Wrong - there's been a firmware rollback on usenet for a few weeks now, for V2.0 to 1.50. This may not work on UK models however.

7. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    yeah but that rollback software...if your PSP gets screwed up 'cos of it...no going back. You all want to take chance just to play emu games, even if they are good?

8. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hmm a 2.0 to 1.50 downgrader you sure?
    I can't see any mention of it on any of the various psp forums, everyone is waiting for the 1.5x to 1.50 Downgrader supposedly to be released In the next few days.

There is of course also the trick PSP Version Changer which has been out for a while:

What this program does, is trick games that require firmware version 1.52 or 2.0 to run on your 1.50 or 1.0 PSP by making them believe the psp has been upgraded when it hasn't. It isn't however a downgrader

9. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I'm running 1.5 so it makes not one iota difference to me - I was simply answering the question that there IS a rollback mechanism. As with anything, if you use it you do so at your own risk - however, I have no need to as I didn't upgrade to anything above the 1.5 mine came with.

10. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Well it looks like the European first batch of PSPs are all v1.52 with a disk included to update to v2.0.
    As there looks like a strong possibility of a 1.52 - 1.50 downgrader being available soon it would seem a good idea for those wanting to play emu games to not update to v2.0 as there seems no sign of a v2.0-1.50 downgrader in the pipeline.

11. radicalrad

radicalrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there are no roll backs from 2.0 to 1.50 the only ones kickin around are a con one that people with 1.51 and 1.52 try and it flashes their machines up to 2.00.and not down to 1.50.and the other by WAB people think does but it doesn't it tricks machines into thinking its a 1.52 from a 1.00 or a 1.51 this was origonally done for some games that needed to have a 1.52 to run but they have been ripped now....
    and yes you can still get 1.50 machines.if you look there are still some kickin around..

12. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I can find 1.50s on ebay, just none with warranties. I don’t really want to spend the same or more on an ebay 1.50 without warranty if a shop bought 1.52 is going to soon be downgradable. By the time the downgrade comes out all the first batch of UK psp’s might well be sold out and the next batch are rumored to be coming pre upgraded to 2.0)

13. radicalrad

radicalrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats all well and good if that happens if it doesn't there are a lot of sad people out there with 1.51 and 1.52 machines.the problem is that if you have a ver 1.00 or 1.50 and they do sort it so you can you can still play games etc on say the others or even 2.00 great we can do that if you dont and have one of the others and they dont sort it you and a lot of other people are going to be well p##sed cos they missed the boat.So people will need to weigh up the pro's and con's and as for warranty i have had a psp from day dot so have quite a few of my mates...i havn't heard of any going belly up (but thats not to say the one you buy wont)
    if you want to do some things you need to take a risk even if it goes bang you can get another for the price of 4 or 5 games.so its no great gamble is it.

14. JayList

JayList

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered mine from Hong Kong about 6 months ago. Which is v 1.5

I think all the 1,5's are imports hence you won't get a warranty.

15. brightonrvf

brightonrvf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +426
    I just got a 1.5 from www.winsunx.com gto my back up cart from them for the GBA they are better than liksang as they put it through as a small value item and dont get hammered by custims.

16. hertderg

hertderg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Anyone else used this company? Would like some feedback before I purchase a PSP from them.