1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp to internet using usb wireless adapter?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by matt_tee, Oct 1, 2005.

1. matt_tee

matt_tee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I connect to internet via my computer - ntl broadband, by using a Cable & Wireless 802.11g LAN Mini USB Adapter. will this allow me to play multiplayer games and surf the net? If so, how do i go about setting this connection up? I am a newbie. :lease:

2. kev00

kev00
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you need a wireless router mate to get it to work. i've got mine connected to a belkin 54g router/modem via wireless. just set the router to open (or no encription) and in the psp menu do the following:

network settings>infrastructure mode>new connection(name it when prompted)>scan>then choose your access point>wlan security setting set to none>address settings set to easy>then just press the O button to save.
    Simple as that and you can browse straight away :D

3. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi,

If you are using Windows XP you should be able to set you PC up as a 'router' using Windows 'Internet Connection Sharing'. If you do a search on the net you should find lots of user guides on how to go about setting this up. Your PC will then allocated a TCP/IP address to any computers connecting to it via wireless.

Heres one guide for you:
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/

Cheers,
    z.