PSP Price Cut?

As it prepares to launch its next generation machine, Sony is apparently stockpiling finished gaming hardware, which analysts believe to be the PSP (PlayStation Portable). That, they believe, is a signal that the company plans to reduce the price of the PSP as the holidays get closer.

Probably not surprising. They've not really had any killer titles to drive sales and I'm sure they're being squeezed by the DS too.

that would be about right, ive just bought mine today

marvelous bit of kit

im considering selling my PSP but Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins is making me have second thoughts....

actually i find the new ds lite a rather sexy looking gizmo - for games i feel the ds lite has the edge overy the more movie oriantated psp.

To be honest i'm not sure whetehr they would admit to a price drop yet, as some people would hold out on buying.

Price cut seems more than likely in the near future as they are preparing the PSP2 for release.

Methinks some Wii related price dropping will be on the cards.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a £99 PSP pack soon to take the Xmas business away from MS and Nintendo. It is needed, may be Sony will also get their arse in gear and start releasing Movies for download (via web or off full movie DVD), and the PSOne emulator! That should see a boom in PSP sales.

mattrixdesign2 said:
It wouldn't surprise me to see a £99 PSP pack soon to take the Xmas business away from MS and Nintendo. It is needed, may be Sony will also get their arse in gear and start releasing Movies for download (via web or off full movie DVD), and the PSOne emulator! That should see a boom in PSP sales.
Agreed. I'm sure that DS packs like the Mario Kart and Ninetendogs priced at a £100 last Xmas did wonders for sales. PSP was starting at £180 - too much for many parents - especially with younger children.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom