1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP pixels and screen blurring

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by RobbySpurs, Sep 21, 2005.

1. RobbySpurs

RobbySpurs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,874
    Ok. Got my PSP and happy with it. Then I noticed, 1 dead pixel...wait, no make that 2, oh hang on there is another, and another. So 4 dead pixels. Now they were not immediately obvious and are in the 4 corners of the screen. But now I know they are there...grrrr. So reason number one why I think I will have to exchange it.

Then playing F1 and some memory card films, I noticed that on fast moving dark colours, there was blurring. the actually picture would move (normally edges of shapes), and the edge drags a little then catches up with the object that moved. Is this a fault, or common to everyones? Please let me know so I can finally make my mind up about what to do.

2. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +610
    depends on how you encoded the films? i dont have those problems personally and i havent played F1, a lot of people say F1 is a pretty shoddy game and jerks a lot so maybe thats the reason.

4 dead pixels though Hmm dont know if i could live with that
    are they colour or white or black?

3. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    The response time on the psp screens are pretty crap, especially on blacks which leaves trailing on any fast moving objects. Playing ridge racers or any racing game for that matter will show this screen up. Also If you managed to get your free spiderman 2 umd film there`s tons of ghosting apparent on that aswell with the screen not being able to cope with the action.

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    I have Wipeout, which is super fast, especially on later speed classes. Pixel Perfect.

Rather than knock the screen, which is one of best around on handheld devices, I'd blame developers who don't spend enough time fine tuning games

5. Random Hajile

Random Hajile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Nope it`s not the developers fault it`s the screen. The response time simply ain`t that great when it comes to blacks and I admit wipeout aint to bad as It uses lots of greys and dull colours and stays away from blacks. Don`t get me wrong for a handheld it`s a good looking screen, I just wish the response time on moving blacks was abit better. The only thing developers can do is to minimise the amount of black they use in their games.

6. MADMAND

MADMAND
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Refresh rate problem.

7. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: