PSP - Now available in the U.K.

• Thread starter Deleted member 13294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13294

£299? What a rip off!

They are available on ebay for far less than that.

Not much point in telling him now that hes got it!

It is a bit expensive but i know for a fact that some people have paid much more for one in the past few weeks.

Does anyone know the official UK price?

aint that bad a price, maybe £40 over lik-sang after delivery

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
lamboman said:
:clap: Just bought my PSP from a company in the U.K., bought it monday, got it tuesday, paid £299 all in. It is incredible. The clarity of the screen is unbelievable. Finally, I can get some serious gaming done :rotfl:

:hiya: What region is it 1 or 2, it looks like the all the games will be region locked so that means the machine will be region locked as well.

All players currently coming out of Japan are region 2, the USA will be Region 1 god knows what the UK will be.

AML said:
Not much point in telling him now that hes got it!

It is a bit expensive but i know for a fact that some people have paid much more for one in the past few weeks.

Does anyone know the official UK price?

My local gamestation reckon it will be between £120 - £160 when it is released over here

risky3301 said:
:hiya: What region is it 1 or 2, it looks like the all the games will be region locked so that means the machine will be region locked as well.

All players currently coming out of Japan are region 2, the USA will be Region 1 god knows what the UK will be.

The games for the PSP are multiregion so you can play all region of games on any PSP, the UMD movies on the other hand are going to be region coded so you can only play the same region movie as your player unless someone comes up with a way of letting you play the UMD movies on all region of players

The Uk model should be region 2 presuming that they are going to use the same regional coding as DVD's

That would make sense as Japan is also region 2 in DVD's and the US is Region 1, with Asia region 3.

slowen said:
The games for the PSP are multiregion so you can play all region of games on any PSP, the UMD movies on the other hand are going to be region coded so you can only play the same region movie as your player unless someone comes up with a way of letting you play the UMD movies on all region of players

The Uk model should be region 2 presuming that they are going to use the same regional coding as DVD's

:hiya: In the grand tradition of Panto, O NO there not, check out the packaging for the games currently available, they have region 2 code logo on them and they are from Japan, so that makes japan games Region 2. Also check out the US manual on the FCC web site on page 110 it confirms that games will be region coded. Region 1 USA and Region 2 Japan, it's in black and white from SONY. :oops:

risky3301 said:
:hiya: In the grand tradition of Panto, O NO there not, check out the packaging for the games currently available, they have region 2 code logo on them and they are from Japan, so that makes japan games Region 2. Also check out the US manual on the FCC web site on page 110 it confirms that games will be region coded. Region 1 USA and Region 2 Japan, it's in black and white from SONY. :oops:

There has been lots of news on websites and from import software retailers to say that the PSP games are multiregion, have not seen the instruction manual so I cannot comment on that.

It would make sense not to have regional coding on the PSP games as the Nintendo DS is supposed to have region free games, it gives the consumer the choice to import games and surely Sony will shift more software if there is no region coding on the games

Can anyone confirm what I have been saying about the PSP games being multiregion?

:hiya: On the FCC web site it has four files at the bottom of the page. The 4th file has page 110 which clearly states,

Region 1 games US and Region 2 Japan,

I have rigid racers which also carries the region 2 logo. One thing SONY have never been interested in customer choice which why the got all sony PS2 chips banned. So that the customers they care so much about can not use back up's of there games in PS1+2.

PSP games can be region coded at the publisher or devlopers discretion. Here's hoping they don't bother.
It's the same situation with the Xbox, MS don't enforce region coding but most companies do it anyway.

risky3301 said:
:hiya: On the FCC web site it has four files at the bottom of the page. The 4th file has page 110 which clearly states,

Region 1 games US and Region 2 Japan,

I have rigid racers which also carries the region 2 logo. One thing SONY have never been interested in customer choice which why the got all sony PS2 chips banned. So that the customers they care so much about can not use back up's of there games in PS1+2.

JPN/UK are both region 2 so they will obviously put it on the box to state which region it is

Sony have not got chips banned as some import retailers wil do it so that you can play genuine JPN/USA games

Just got this from yesasia.com, which is saying the psp games are region free
Will anyone else confirm this

Difference
The PSP will come out in three difference versions (Jap, US and Europe). All three versions of PSP will have a region lock in them, but the PSP games have no region code. However, due to language and system issues, quality assurance procedures are done in each territory. The PSP is not 100% regional free my advice is if you just use the PSP for playing games then gat the Jap version but if you want to use the PSP for watching movies or play on-line games and any fancy stuff then get whatever version of the country you live in.

Reviewer: Wai-Kin Yiu
Submitted on: Friday, November 19, 2004

Sony promised to make all the games region free, but theres no way to test this untill the US or UK machines and games come out. A little patience.

CMcK said:
PSP games can be region coded at the publisher or devlopers discretion. Here's hoping they don't bother.
It's the same situation with the Xbox, MS don't enforce region coding but most companies do it anyway.

That's how I see it too. I really hope that it does prove to be region free out of the box as I for one certainly don't fancy haning to "chip" my PSP as I would imagine it'a rather cramped inside !!.

It would probably be cheaper to import all your games anyway, and you'd get them before they came out here too

Edge gave it 6/10, and be warned it is almost a card game, havent read the reveiw yet though

lamboman said:
thanks for letting me know. Any suggestions which other game to consider?

Leave metal gear solid until the USA/Uk launch

I am looking at getting either the golf game or apa escape academy

AML said:
Sony promised to make all the games region free, but theres no way to test this untill the US or UK machines and games come out. A little patience.

:hiya: Games are already regioned and the US manual quotes region coded games

2 for Japan and 1 for USA.

PSP games will be region-free. SONY have confirmed it a number of times on the record in press releases and interviews. UMD movies will be region coded however.

Links said:
PSP games will be region-free. SONY have confirmed it a number of times on the record in press releases and interviews. UMD movies will be region coded however.

Was just trying to get the message through to risky

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom