1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Multiplayer Gaming

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by SeedyR, Apr 11, 2005.

1. SeedyR

SeedyR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi guys,

Just wondering what the situation is with the number of UMDs required when playing multiplayer on the PSP. For example, is it possible to do single cart play like you can on the Nintendo DS with mario 64, zookeeper and yoshi touch and go to name a few? I didn't think you could as I had heard nothing about it, and thought every player must have the PSP game, however on the back of the Wipeout Pure box it says

"Only one copy of the game for host may be required for certain Wi-fi multiplayer functionality"

Now is anyone able to shed some light on this. Can you play a few tracks just with one UMD? Also my girlfriend is dying to get a PSP as well now, so what do people think are the best multiplayer games to get? Any I should avoid as they're just a last minute decision? I've got Ridge Racer, Lumines, Wipeout and Tony Hawks Underground 2, so would be especially interested to hear your thoughts on these in multiplayer.

Cheers

Craig