1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp Mame

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by RockStrongo, Jul 6, 2005.

1. RockStrongo

RockStrongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hello,

Sorry to bother you all, but I've been around every bit of info I can find on the forums about MAME and I'm still having problems. I'm also unable to post on the pspnews emulator site, despite having registered which is why I'm asking for help here.

I've istalled the KXploit hack onto my 1.5 which has given me a version of MAME called 0.71. The list of games with it seems totally different to the list I have on MAME on my PC. I've tried to download and install MAME 0.71t but every time I click I'm told that the game could not be started. I've even tried ploughing through the spanish instructions to create a new EBOOT.PHP file using PBPUnpacker, but again no luck.

My question is this - has anyone else with a 1.5 version PSP managed to get a version of MAME installed with an ordinary game list?

Thanks

2. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi RockStrongo,

Yeap I have a JAP PSP v1.50 and i've installed the same version, basically in needs to be in the following layout:-

Browse on PC to your PSP Drive

Inside as you know you'll see the parent folder called PSP

Browse into GAME

And your "Mame" folder should be called "MAMESP" and "MAMESP%"

Double click inside "MAMESP" and you should have the EBOOT.PBP file along with the PSPMAME.CFG file, and also you need to create a folder called "ROMS" and oout all the .zipped up roms inside this folder ....

So far:-

Bomb Jack (Works 100% Speed - No Sound)
    Double Dragon II - (Works very slow)
    Galaxian (Works 100% and with sound)

Only tried a few , loads to go through

Remember its early days so don't expect 100% Like PC version yet...

3. Nivelo

Nivelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the best site for getting info about setting this up? I would be very interested in getting MAME running.

4. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have a read here, hope this helps ...

Regards
    Drogo

AV Mods .. Do you need a PSP Mod .???

5. RockStrongo

RockStrongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Thanks Drogo,

The version of MAME on my PSP doesn't have games like bomb jack, but does seem to have alot of japanese games I've never heard of. Does yours have a "normal" list? If so, which version is it?

Cheers!

6. johnselekta

johnselekta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was under the impression you could use any from the PC version of MAME, but just try them out and see what work. I have a NES emulator and that loads around 70% of the games I have. SNES too, though Sonic 2/3 on the Megadrive/Genesis are a bit choppy. Course I own the originals too, as you must for legal/copyright reasons :thumbsup:

I think the main problem you have is the message "The game could not be started (80020001)". This means the folder structure is set up for a version 1.0 PSP not a version 1.5. you need to use the converter to convert the, into 2 folders, like Drogo says (i.e. GAME and GAME%). Then if you have the right format games, and they are in the right places, it shoud work. If the game isn't compatible (but in the right format) it will still start MAME fine, just not the game, and you'll have to return to the menu and try another.

Hope this clarifies it a bit more for you.

7. Nivelo

Nivelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Drogo,

Looks like there's a lot of info there.

Andy