PSP loading times - a new record?

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just check this out. If you thought loading times on your existing games were bad you just have to watch this video of how long it takes to get a game of Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 running on the PSP.

It has to be seen to be believed! :eek:

I want to believe that's not real, how could the testers not see that's totally unacceptable. The music makes it for me. Surely one game can't need that much loading, it seems to load, load again and then load some more.

Oh dear god, that is shocking!!!!!!:thumbsdow

just think how much precious battery life is being wasted!

ha ha ha ha ha hah a ha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Or should that be Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD programming. I would of thrown my PSP out of the window after 3 mins.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
And nobody told me!!!! I had less gray hair when I first put S/Down Vs Raw 2006 in my PSP!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hahahaha. That is kinda hilarious. Especially the way the person plays the Final Fantasy victory theme when the game finally loads. :rotfl:

That is unbelievably bad development...

I'm quite astonished:eek: :eek:

I can't believe that.

I had C64 games on tape that loaded quicker!!!!!

that owl picture is great 'O Rly':D

im glad i dont like wrestling. £30 to watch a loading screen. 6 and a half minutes to start fighting. awful:thumbsdow

andrewrunagall said:
::mad:
And nobody told me!!!! I had less gray hair when I first put S/Down Vs Raw 2006 in my PSP!!!
:mad:

Lol! :D But on a serious note, how this got past Sony's quality control is beyond me! :eek:

The only reason why I bought it was because I can hook it up with my PS2 version and carry on my career mode away from home.

bodcod said:
I can't believe that.

I had C64 games on tape that loaded quicker!!!!!

Too right mate, I can remember loading in Manic Miner in under 5 mins on a tape device back in 1984!! It would normally take 8 minutes put if you stopped the tape half way through loading and poked 19638,184 the game would start. Happy days.

When I think about it though, the Smackdown games have pretty much always had long loading times, even on the PS and PS2 versions.

Don't think they quite managed to top this though. :D

i bought this from play just after christmas ,i'm not a fan of wrestling at all but it had goten some good reviews (8 out of 10 i think on gamespot , they did mention the load times were a bit of a problem but overall said it was a good game) and play had it on special for £17 and as they was very little else out there for the psp i hadn't tried i went for it...... suffice to say the day after i got it i traded it in for another psp game , got £20 for it !!!! the load times really are unbelivable , i thought that my copy was faulty and had crashed at one point ........ just when you thought it had loaded all it could , it loaded some more !!!!! portable gaming at its finest !!!! the final nail in the coffin for this game was that after all the loading the game was pure sh@te..... a joke of a game :suicide:

mishmash said:
Too right mate, I can remember loading in Manic Miner in under 5 mins on a tape device back in 1984!! It would normally take 8 minutes put if you stopped the tape half way through loading and poked 19638,184 the game would start. Happy days.

Gosh we had a lot of patience in these days - kids today don't know how lucky they are! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom