Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PSP imports at all time high

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by jenic, May 12, 2005.

1. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
  2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    SCEE must be utter monkeys no region code yet Euro launch isnt till september, I doubt anyone will be waiting for the Launch in the UK the sooner they wake up and realise its a global maket and a bit of water or different language doesnt stop goods crossing the planet without their say so the sooner we can past this ludicrous situation.

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    It is a silly situation. With PSP's widely available at prices around the same as the expected UK launch why would anyone wait?

Sony have got themselves in this mess by delaying the launch for a ridiculously long time. As far as I knew we operate in free markets, therefore Sony just have to lump it. Imo by the time the PSP launches here there won't be such a buzz as all of the hardcore gamers out there would already have one!

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I agree but if they havent got the stock what are they going to do ? Most people who wanted one have had a PSP for Months. I got mine the week after US launch and only ended up paying around £120 for it.

In some ways I think they are not trying to stop this really as they know its good for the PSP brand in the end.

5. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    IMO if they had not said an official release date and left everyone thinking it was June/July then in July announced September people would have been more willing to wait.

6. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    I paid just over £100 for my PSP. Why the hell would I want to wait 5 months for a Uk PSP only to pay £180? Even if you paid the same money it's still 5 months. Plus USA games can be bought for between £17-28. UK games will be more like £30-35 online. If you want a PSP you'd be a fool to woait for the Uk launch, (unless you're concerned about having too many dead pixels).

7. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    where can they be got for this sort of money not seen any for less than 200.

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Loads of us got them for £105 delivered from DVDSoon with no import duty :) The reason mine was £120 was that I couldnt be bothered waiting for the DVDsoon one (in fact it looked like they wouldnt honour it at one stage) bought another one off ebay for £180, then sold the dvd soon one for £170 odd when I received it. £120 was good enough plus I had it a week after US launch.

Its a mouth full but there were a few people doing it. Needless to say that deal is long gone. Plenty of places you can get them for £180 delivered though, ebay for starters......or a few have been sold on the forums new for around £170, I sold one at that price for starters.

9. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Does Anyone Import Them And Keep Them In Stock In Uk That I Could Pick Up From

10. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yep there are a few places. Do a search on the forum, I cant remember the names off my head. The prices are reasonable though at or around UK launch price.

11. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,428
    rip off UK. full stop. £££ makes the world go around..........

12. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i produced a price watch buyers guide a while back that lists about 50 retailers...

the prices on my site are probably out of date and its too much work to update them all but the links are still to the same retailers

the site forum also has quite a few more places that stock them

its a nonsense that larger retailers have been bullied out of the market by sony leaving people to the mercy of smaller outfits with crappy stock/postage systems.... but i couldnt possibly mention any names.