PSP hard drive?

A

andyturner28

Hi guys.

When i was on holiday in the south of france recently i saw a 4gb hard drive for the PSP in an e'leclerc supermarket in Carcassonne. It goes in the battery compartment and is a battery and HDD in one and cost 160euros, which works out as about £90. Dose anyone know if it is available in the UK?

I was gutted when i saw it as i had just spent £160 in Andora on a new portable DVD player, but i would have prefered to have the PSP HDD. Typical:mad:

Cheers,

Andy.

Datel make it. You can buy them here too...

agreed.
IMHO, the datel HDD looks ugly, and from the pics I've seen, it near enough doubles the thickness of the PSP (taking the portable bit out of the equation lol).

apparently it's a flash card inside.
I ordered one (with a double life battery) from lik-sang.com for about 80 quid
naturally as soon as i clicked send it had dropped out of stock (but the company were very helpful)

I really need about 4gb of space and a spare battery by october time - by then it'll maybe cheaper to get Duo cards.

Denny

Ebay guy selling loads of them: 4Gb HDD & extra battery for £65!
Just ordered a Sandisk 4GB memory gaming card (red one, so no fakes) with 10 year warranty from memoryzoo for £82 delivered (great price)

Would def go for the memory card rather that the chunky HDD... can then transfer stuff on & off it without the psp aswell.

Just make sure you dont get the cheap blue sandisk ones or the fake sony one's off Ebay, get the ultra's or gaming editions, more reliable and better performance!

p.s Andy you can post me the £10 you saved or a 6 pack of Stella would do.
:cool:

sidtrix said:
p.s Andy you can post me the £10 you saved or a 6 pack of Stella would do.
:cool:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for the replies. I just had a look and almoste choked on my Shreddies at the size of the thing. The picture on the box makes it look flush with the back of the PSP. I almoste had to check that it isn't April 1st already, are they taking the mick! It must easily double the waight.

Think me be going for the 4gb Memory card. You say the red ones are gaming card's. Can you still transfer DVD's to it? Also what is the best software to put DVD's onto the PSP. I have DVD Shrink already which works very well, just not shure how to get it onto the PSP.

Cheers,

Andy.

sidtrix said:
Just ordered a Sandisk 4GB memory gaming card (red one, so no fakes) with 10 year warranty from memoryzoo for £82 delivered (great price)

Got a link for that? £82.00 is a great price :thumbsup:

Also, seeing as all of the 4GB cards that are kicking around at the moment are not High Speed models how long does it take to transfer data? Any noticeable difference in usage on the PSP?

yeah great price for the gaming edition although the ultra's are the fastest.

just had mine delivered today so have not tested it... went for the gaming coz it is slightly faster and you know it will be genuine rather than the millions of blue dodgy ones available everywhere.
Also comes with 5\10 year warranty and it's unbelievingly cheap.

Can recommend the first site (as got mine from there):

Gaming: http://www.memorycardzoo.co.uk/b2/c22/Sandisk/Memory+Stick+Pro+Duo/

Ultra (cheapest): http://www.emartbuy.co.uk/

Both are in stock.... :smashin:

Thanks chap :thumbsup:

Superb company chap - Ordered yesterday afternoon and the stick arrived this morning.

Brand new batch stock and its genuine too - what more could you ask for?

Just bought a 60GB Steno OTG.

You can move the files from here onto my PSP and back with no PC :)

£85 from states

Jubes

Can you connect this to your PSP?

I thought you cannot connect USB HDD direct to the PSP mini USB port...

Yes you can connect this one.

This is not a standard USB harddrive, it has a screen on the front of it to show the file structure of the STENO and the PSP when you are in USB mode.

You can then move any file to and from the PSP or Digi camera memory stick etc.

Nice

Jubes

Nice indeed, is it battery-powered or does it source from the PSP? I guess this is handy if you're away from home for a long time and want to be able to watch different movies, play different games or put thousands of mp3s on. Not a bad deal at £85 to be fair though I'm quite happy with just having 1GB (before my PSP got stolen, that is! Not that I'm bitter... ;) )

Yes it has an internal rechargable battery. Lasts for about 3 hrs.
Good I find for taking movies etc when away from home.

Jubes

Jubes said:
Yes it has an internal rechargable battery. Lasts for about 3 hrs.
Good I find for taking movies etc when away from home.

Jubes

Where did you get it from? Any links? This sounds ideal as the main reason i want more storage space is to watch movies on the PSP.

Cheers,

Andy.

Sweet! Thanks Jubes.

I assume you don't have to pay import duty then?

Andy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom