1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP games to be region locked in October?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by BiloBlue, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiloBlue

BiloBlue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Went into Game this afternoon to buy a screen protector, and as they werent on display I asked the manager if they'd come in, and he said yes but they werent displaying them.

I told him I had an import PSP and he agreed to sell me one, and then told me that he'd been told Sony are to region lock the games in October... he then showed me a World Tour Soccer box which had an R2 symbol on the back of it...

I hope he was just trying to scare us, because I havent read it anywhere else, but if they region lock them, anyone who has got a mixture of games will be screwed.

2. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    all my a,erican games i have now have the region 1 logo on the back and are not locked. they play on my jap psp.

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,231
    He's prob scaremongering to improve his sales tally. Hopefully. No definately. Can't be? 3 weeks to launch, Sony haven't said this, so I reckon he's wrong/lying

Maybe the R2 does mean UK/Euro region, but in respect that manual will have diff lang, EU law requirements or whatever

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,949
    This is almost certainly rubbish - all PSP games have a region code on the back of them. Sony have also said that PSP games will not be region locked.

5. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,458
    well if its true why not just get the r1 games anyway - i very much doubt that with the exception of any bargains or desperate lack of willpower I will buy any uk games

being able to get them imported cheaper in a few days makes more sense

6. GeorgeShadow

GeorgeShadow
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey, stop spreading stupid rumors. the so called manager u talked to is stupid doesn't mean you have to be stupid as well!

ALL Japanese PSP games has a region 2 symbol on their back, and it is the case since the 1st day. you guys are just too outdated and didn't ever see Jap psp games~

nice, there are still someone smart here~ :thumbsup:
    ppls in UK are just somehow want to get themselves brainwashed to hope for the existence of region locks on games~ :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

i feel extremely annoyed by the UK business practice!!

I actually know why these stupid ppls are trying to spread these rumors, all they want is just to indirectly brainwash the ppls in UK and scare them from buying imports~ such a loser! I definitely wish the stupid UK Sony will lose on their stuid court action against liksang~

UK business men the losers!

[Mod Comment - accusing comments removed]

7. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    Er, not necessarily actually. If you read the original post he is just passing on second hand information, and expresses it as such. He is not stating it as fact, but actually asking a question - even the thread title carries a question mark.

What's actually far more annoying are people answering threads multiple times - could you not consolidate your opinion into 1 post?

8. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    This whole thing surrounding region locked games is becomming very tiresome.

I'll say it again for those in the cheap seats!!

SONY HAVE CONFIRMED THAT THEY WILL NOT BE REGION CODING GAMES!

Get it now? Jesus!!!

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,949
    I agree entirely - whilst I think the Game bloke is talking rubbish, there is nothing wrong with BiloBlue relaying this info. GeorgeShadow there is nothing wrong with you commenting on his comments as this is a forum after all but making false accusations is out of order! As Munkey says posting 4 consecutive posts is also not required - please consider your postings before you make them in future.

I have merged your threads and taken off your accusing comments. Please note these points when making future posts.

10. GeorgeShadow

GeorgeShadow
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so stupid!~ use your damn brain :suicide:
    when someone wants to spread rumors and make that sounds questionable, of course he will not say the things out directly~

UK is hopeless with all these stupid business men and ppls :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

11. Kube

Kube

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +362
    You would honestly be better off not posting here mate. No need for flame attacks on people.

12. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,949
    George Shadow, I am sick of your insulting manner. People do not come on this forum to be insulted by the likes of you!

13. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    To be honest mate that doesn't even make sense...I apologise if English isn't your first language. Not everyone who asks a question is trying to start cynical rumours.

EDIT: Actually looking through your previous posts you seem to take a very accusatory stance against anyone that doesn't live up to your knowledge of how things are. I would suggest that you tone down your replies if you want to be treated with respect.

14. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,231
    lock this thread. Its pointless

Mods/Admins please make a sticky FAQ....or provide a link to a site that has good info like IGN or gamespot PSP forum.....

As much as we are all willing to help.....there is a new thread daily asking the same q's

15. SarahPooh

SarahPooh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right, always posting the same thing over and over~ I think George do have a point even he is a little aggressive, or else there won't be this many people asking and worrying the same thing again and again~ rumors do exist and buyers do worry~

16. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,231
    So make a FAQ. Simple. Could even copy and paste from another site, giving proper credit of course. Or the members here could pitch in by PM to Admins

17. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    knowing sony this is most likely true

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,949
    I agree that this thread isn't really going anywhere and this subject has been discussed several times before. If anyone (who has the time, knowledge and inclination) wishes to do a PSP FAQ then that would probably be a good help for people to read over before posting.

This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.