1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP, GAMES PICS AND REVIEWS "IMAGE HEAVY"

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by nero0410, Mar 2, 2005.

1. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    Hi :hiya:

I have finally got hold of a camera to post some pics of my PSP and games. Sorry the pics are not that great

The start to my collection

[​IMG]

Looks like it's green for March

[​IMG]

Ahhh thats where I put the game

[​IMG]

OOOhhhhh buttons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone wanna know how long it took me to work out how to open this to put my memory in?? UUUMMMM no you dont. I was worried I was gonna break it ok

[​IMG]

My very first recodeing for the PSP MP4 format (from my own DVD) using shrink, autogk and gp3 converter. 'The vob files converted to the, avi file, the avi files converted to the mp4 file and the mp4 file is played on the psp' (i know shut up ok)

[​IMG]
    All that and its only tom and jerry?? I hear you say, sorry their great. :suicide:

Hands up everyone who has this game

[​IMG]

And Vampire chronicle In the next post

I have the dynasty warriors premium boxset on the way and a hard case which carries the PSP and about 4-ish games, umd movies

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, although I may not have the answer :)

2. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    [​IMG]

tris

3. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh very very nice

I am humbled, and dip my hat to you sir

mind if i adapt this and add it to my site?

fancy writing a game review for me? and anyone else whos interested?

4. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399

You can adapt it and add it to your site if you like, no problem.

I'll have a go at writing up a game review for each game I get, and post it somewhere, I'll send you a copy of each review I write up. I'm not promiseing anything special, but I'll certainly have a go at writing some and see how they come out.

tris

5. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool pics. My PSP and ridge racers game should be arriving any day now and I have a few questions:

1. Is the analogue stick in an awkward position and dos it hurt your thumb after a while?
    2. Can you use the D-pad for ridge racers rather than the analogue stick?
    3. Are the Japaneese menus on ridge racer easy to navigate?
    4. I'll want to get another game soon and was considering Vampire Chronicles. Is it a good game and are the Jap menus easy to navigate?

Thanks

6. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399

Hi

1.I wouldnt know as I havent used the analog stick for a period of time yet, but it does feel quite low down.

2.Yes, that is what I use for playing Ridge Racers. Although I have quite large hands so my hands cramp up and hurt a bit. I got a hard case from ebay though, and playing it while it's in there helps. Ill post pics of the case later.

3.They are fairly easy to navigate, if you get stuck just do a google search for a translation guide or check www.ballofodd.co.uk for more info and tips

4.Vampire chroicles aint a bad game, just like streetfighter really. The characters in it are quite interesting, and I find some humourous (hence the little red riding hood looking girl in the screenshot). The moves are a little difficult to pull off at the moment, but I@m still getting used to the feel of the PSP so I'll be whooping up very very soon. A great alternative if your a Street fighter fan.

Oh the menus on Vampire Chronicles are all mainly in english!! So that is pretty good.

I have ordered the japanese dynasty warriors premium box set. That will be quite a good game if you like the dynasty warrior series on the ps2, but it is mainly in japanese I think so the menus in that are gonna be quite a challange. Adds to the gameplay and makes the game longer and more worth the money I guess :)

Hope this answers some of your questions

tris

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,303
    Havent played my PSP in a few days so thought I would check it to see if the background colour had changed and mine is still yellow, anyone know why it hasent changed?

8. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    um curious, i just found this too

try skipping forward a few days and it changes but scroll it back and it changes when the month changes.

an unknown clock bug i think weve just discovered....

9. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Any chance of a clear screenshot or two of the ridge racers menu's, just to see the language.

Thanks

10. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,303
    Very odd that, just skipped it forward a few days and it changed to green and when I set it back to the correct date it stayed green, maybe Sony will release a patch to fix it later down the road.

11. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Sorry, just checked ballofodd.co.uk and there is a link there for menu screenshots. By the way, its a great site.

One question, why is some of it in english and other bits japanese, surely this would confuse the japenese. IMO it should be all japanese, but still, im glad it isn't

12. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats common for a lot of japanese games (and ive played a lot on import) i think they like a bit of english as they are interested by western culture but it is limited to game names and basic menu items as this is all most can understand. The deeper explanations and settings are almost always in full japanese so that they can be understood.

look at lik-sang for a guide to which of the current games are english friendly (the article link is on my site)

thanks for the generous applause, its my first website you know. Have you seen my exclusives yet?

New videos and this review up tonight

13. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    It could be an unknown clock bug then by the sounds of things.

If anyone else needs shots of menus that they cant find for Ridge racers or vampire chronicle (or any others that i buy), let me know and I'll post some up. :) (all images I provide, reviews and findings you can use for your site dr loss.) It's your first site?? I havent even managed to make a site yet, wouldnt know where to start. I think yours is great.

I wanna make a site for myself for my home cinema and games etc.... Dont wanna get into trouble for posting images or anything though

Just try reading the manual, no chance :laugh:

I have seen your exclusives, I'll have a proper read tonight when I have more time, check out the new stuf you put up tonight too

tris

14. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Very simple q here:

I thought that the psp's themselves would be useable all over the world, so I could buy a USA psp and use it here with uk games.
    This means that the games themselves wouldn't have region coding (only the movies would).

Is this true? In which case, what's to stop everyone from getting them from north america at (effectively) half price......[ie, why buy the UK release when it won't be any different and twice the cost]

I definitely want one, as GT4mobile and WipeoutPure look amazing.

15. Goose74

Goose74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have heard that you can't use the full res when encoding video to the media card - is this true (limited to 320 X 240)?

Cheers

16. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    I beleive that is true, obviously until the PSP games are out over here no one will be 100% sure. But Sony have said that all the games are gonna be playable everywhere worldwide, however the developers are allowed to put a region on their games if they want, which I doubt they would do really IMHO. As they would make more money from people importing them from asia,US etc.... to other parts of the world.

The films should be fine for the japanese psp's when they are released over here, due really to not having to worry about the screen being pal/ntsc and being the same region. The american films I doubt would work, yet anyway. Surely someone would think of some form of disc, software or hardware upgrade to make it multi region for films. (like they did with the disc for the ps2)

I have heard this too, but I havent really found out properly yet. I have only ripped a 7 minute episode of tom and jerry from one of my dvds, then converted it with auto gordian knot and shoved the results in the 3gp converter and converted it into mp4 using the ( QVGA/15fps/216kbps mono/48kbps ) setting making the file 13.889mb in size and lowest quality. It has a 480x160 setting but it goes too big to fit on my 15mb memory stick using that Which is why I have a 512mb on the way.

Dont know if that helped

tris

17. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    Goose74, From what I have read now, it is not true. You can use the full res apparently.

tris

18. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,303
    Was just wondering how people get their dvd files onto their PSP as I have read people that first convert the dvd files to Divx/XviD then convert those files to MP4 PSP files, personally I just load the raw .vob files straight into 3GP and it converts them fine so was wondering why others are converting twice?

19. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399

I have never managed to convert raw .vob files straight through the 3GP converter yet :confused: Must have a go at that soon. I'll let you know how I get on

tris

20. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,303
    Maybe it has something to do with the software you have installed on your computer, I use DVD Decrypter to extract the .vob files I want then I just drag them into 3GP, never had a problem yet but have to admit I have converted anything bigger than 3-4mins of film or a trailer.

21. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399

Ive only done a 7 minute cartoon so far, but ripped it with dvd shrink. Maybe I should try DVD decrypter, havent used that for a while now.

tris

22. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    ive just put a hole movie on my 512 card film was friday total size was 454mb that was useing 3gp with settings at qvga 768kps and stero 128kbps for sound.picture quality is top notch sound is alittle on the low side when listening through the speakers but headphones improve that.

23. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good stuff, what film was it? (promise i wont tell the MPAA)

24. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399

I have just converted a film this way just to see what size it came up, it was Shrek and it came up at 108mb total, and playing on the pc near same as the dvd quality. Must carry on waiting for my 512mb memory stick (which is on its way), put it on there then post some pics

tris

25. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    whats mpaa and the film was friday with ice cube

26. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mpaa - the motion picture of america association or something - people who keep shutting down the torrent trackers (they dont like dvd rippers)

friday? dont think ive seen that.

27. Goose74

Goose74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    nero0410 - I would be interested to know more if you have a link?

The last I heard was that Sony prevented it to help sell films in the new disk format? I hope not because it would be a cool mobile film device otherwise.

any word on the mp3 quality?

cheers

28. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399

This is where I started getting all the ideas for video from (courtesy of the ballofodd site , dr losses signature a great site):

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404/

You may wish to try taking a look and or joining my yahoo group. It is my first group so Im not really sure what to do with it. But you can post messeges, download stuff, look at pictures, upload pictures etc....

http://gamesource.groups.yahoo.com/group/nero041001/

MP3 depends on the quality it is when downloaded or taken from your cds. I dont think it sounds too bad, but it doesnt beat my creative zen extra 40gb. :D not quite anyway. Also depends on the headphones you use too. IMHO

Hope some of this is useful :)

tris

29. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Just rung an import shop asking about the release date of wipeout pure and ape acadamy. I was quoted £55 a game sod that.
    I love ridge racers though I think I am on stage 5 or 6 and even though I came first the next stage is still locked.

One questioun I know it is silly but to turn the machine off I push the switch up and hold it there for 3 or 4 seconds is this the correct way? I did it another way before but I think the other way is just sleep mode so you can carry on with the game from where you left it later though would this not use power on the battery even if it is sleep mode?

30. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,303
    I just push the Power switch up, let go and the screen turns off straight away and about 3 seconds later the green light goes off, is this sleep mode or turning it off?

Also, cant believe those prices, I want Wipeout Pure but not that badly, even with customs it would be cheaper to get from a number of US/Canadian sites.