PSP game region compatability

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by colesy, Jun 9, 2005.

1. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi guys,
    Sorry to start another PSP thread, but I have been looking into getting 1 of these, and have a few questions if you don't mind enlightening me.

1. Is it correct that although the games are multi region, the Jap games and the US games cannot connect to each other for multiplayer? Or is it that the Jap console and US console not compatible? If so does anybody have any insight whether the US ot Jap version will be able to connect the UK version once released (diificult to tell yet as it hasn't been launched here I know) ?

2. On the JAP verison of the psp, is there a language section to make it all english text?

3. If I import a JAP psp am I right in believing that the US games run on it without Japenese text?

Thanks

2. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,652
    I have a japanese psp, and a friend of mine has an american psp, so I think I may be able to answer your questions.

For future reference, I bought my japanese psp from expansys which is a uk based site. It arrived within a couple of days and was £165

1. Correct. You cannot have a japanese game and an american game and have multiplayer, however you can have two of the same japanese/american games and have one in a japanese psp and the other in an american psp and play over wifi.

2. Yes. When you turn it on for the first time it asks if you want english or japanese. You can change it in the menu later if you accidently choose japanese

3. Yes. the US games are all english wether you use a japanese or american psp.

Hope this helps.

tris

3. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for that. :smashin: