1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp footage of gt4 not ingame only fmv

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by SILVERBACK, Aug 9, 2004.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
  2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    TBH mate, I never believed for one second that was in game. PSP is technically slightly inferior to the PS2, and the gfx on that GT4 screen look far in excess of what a PS2 could do.

FMV on that PSP GT4 game looks like the graphics in game on Ninja Gaiden , so I dread to think what the actual graphics look like :(.

N64?? I hope not.

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
  4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I just hope I can afford to buy it mate :thumbsup:

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    im gonna make sure i can afford one i might even get it imported im not sure yet i will probably pick up a DS aswell just found out there getting winning eleven on it :)

6. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    That looks incredible! It's about time we had a decent handheld console, Sony have thankfully brought them bang up to date with the PSP by the looks of it. I now could be tempted to get a handheld, never seen the point in a Gameboy personally because I never felt the urge to play games that looked like they were made 15 years ago!

Apparently movies are to be released on those discs too, so you can have your favourite films with you where ever you go! Music & Music Videos is another avenue Sony are exploring. I'm sure the Ninty fanboys will disagree with me here but I think it's good night Gameboy!

BTW the weirdest title I've heard of so far is a languages program, one of the things it does is if you are on holiday and someone doesn't speak English you can ask them to speak into the PSP and it will apparently translate it for you!

A final thought, if the kind of technology used in the PS2 is now considered no more than handheld technology now, can you imagine what the PS3 will be like!!!!

7. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    kinda agree but the graphics on the GBA are really quite nice.

no one in there right mind is gonna buy 2 versions of the same film especially considering the price of the film on the PSP will be about the same price as a dvd and music videos :rolleyes:

if theres one place that nintendo dominate and have dominated its handheld and i really cant see them laying down and going down like the dreamcast just because the psp looks tasty,besides the games are largely based around the japanese market and there loyalty and fanbase will make sure they dont go tits up imho even if the rest of the markets chose psp over DS.

could be a good and novel idea

im not 100% sure but i dont think its upto the same standards as a PS2 i think its just below.

8. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Bear in mind that there are as many Playstation and XBox fanboys as there are Ninty fanboys.

I can't wait for the pair to come out, they both have a lot to offer. I can also see a lot of potential problems for them both, with the PSP appearing to have powerful but ill-conceived hardware and the NDS appearing to have well though out and original hardware that could be very difficult to design successful software for.

I expect the graphical limiting factor for both models will actually be the screensize rather than the internal wizardry.

9. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I want to get both. But then I had the GBA for about a fortnight until the novelty wore off. I will probably be a lot more cautious this time and wait for a mate to get one and have a go on that.