psp downgrading

DSLee

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am wanting to downgrade my PSP from a v2.6 to the 1.5 or whatever it is for the homebrew etc..

can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial of how to do it.

also, when downgraded to a 1.5 can it still play games like GTA that requires a later version machine?

any help would be apprecited.

Thanks!

Make sure you haven't got a TA-082 motherboard before you try it otherwise you might brick it.

Thanks for all the info guys its all much appreciated.

Managed to downgrade it no probs, and no have a 1.5 machine, with SNES emulator, PIMPStreamer, PSPradio, PSPVNC, SCUMMVM, all running smoothly.

Now if only i can find a way to ffw and rwd with the pimpstreamer.

Good work Leeiom, welcome to the reason for owning a PSP :D Get a Mega Drive emulator as well if you can - Flashback is fantastic fun, and still holds its own even though it was released over 10 years ago!! Bonanza Bros is also good quirky fun, Streets of Rage too; and that's before you even get me started on the Sonic games! :)

nice one welcome to the family :) v1.5 with Devhook is the one and only reason to own a PSP ;)
What version of the downgrader did you go for?

I am not sure i entirely understand what you are referring too scotty.

I went for some downgrader, that came in either the lite version or the full version, i tried the lite, and had some problems getting the files transferred over. So found the full version, and left it to its own devices, and it worked like a dream.

I didn't realise i needed GTA to get it to fully work, but for some odd reason, i picked up a copy from Gameplay the same time i got the PSP, and even luckier, it was the correct GTA too.

So some luck involved, but runs like a dream.

Got DEVHOOK working with it too, which is a nice app. Just seen the pimpstreamer is upto 0.73 so gonna be a download tonight.

Just need to find out how to get movies to FFW and RWD!

Thanks all!

P.S a megadrive emu is a must, i have a load of roms knocking about on a disk somewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom