PSP Dead Pixel Survey

How many dead pixels does your PSP have?

• Total voters

RichKS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just trying to gather info before I spend mucho pounds on a new toy.

PSP owners: How many dead pixels does your PSP have? How much does it bother you?

Personally I'm not willing to accept any dead pixels on a £200 device, but that's just me wanting value for money.

What do others think?

Haven't seen any thru general game play or watching movies...

But that doesn't mean there aren't any. I know there are a few pictures u can display that will bring up your dead pixels, but i aint using them. If i dont see them now, i dont want to know about them. Cos they will only pee me off!!! :D

I don't have any dead pixels (which are white), but I do have two stuck pixels. Again, I only notice them when I am on a total black screen or if I'm looking for them. I rarely even notice them, as they're to the left of my screen.

same as above. I have two stuck pixels. both white and both only show up on a pure black background (ie hardly ever)

Have you tried fixing the stuck pixels with a cleaner programme or video? Anyone had any success with them

I have a clump of 2 dead pixels together and another one in a different place. They don't bother me at all. I looked for them and couldn't find them until recently! The only time they are visible (but you have to look really closely) is when the whole screen is black, i.e. during games loading. No biggie :)

No dead ones on mine and i have looked for them! 110% happy with the psp.

is more unhappy at the scratches on my screen and how easy they appear :-(

jinky32 said:
tried the pixel vid but no luck

That's because that video only fixed stuck pixels. You have dead pixels. Stuck pixels are red, green or blue. Never white. White is dead.

I ran the pixel fixer on my one, and they did fix, but they came back again, and since they don't bother me, I can't be arsed to run it again.

3 stuck ones,only one noticeable and then only if you look really hard,playing games it just disappears.

One white for me, buts its top left of screen, near edge, so doesn't matter too much

Can't see it in game so I'm happy

I have 6 or 7 :eek: Funny thing is I'm a fussy bugger but they don't bother me in the slightest. Only really notice them on a black screen such as a loading screen, never see them while playing :)

Ive got four that I can see, and they cause me no grief what so ever. I only found them when I actually looked out on the black screens.
I wouldnt worry it really.

I've got two stuck pixels, but TBH you really have to look to see them. Doesn't hinder the gaming experience though. I've tried one of the pixel correction tools, but didn't have the patience to run it for the 6-8hrs it recommends...

My psp has no dead pixels :)

Can someone confirm if a dead pixel is white. I always thought it was black. In that case I have about 5.

My 1st psp had 4 dodgy pixels and an amount of dust under the screen

2nd had a similar amount of white ones no dust though

3rd had 2 dead white pixels

4rth had funny coloured lcd

5th (got swapped with sony this time) had a scratch but no dead pixels (or did I do that scratch by accident ;) )

6th swapped with sony again and no dead pixels and perfect :)

Wahoo

Can I vote 6 times please.

lol at you people telling yourself that you don't mind dead pixels...

keep telling yourself that and you hope you might believe it, maybe, until you see a friend with a perfect screen ;)

I had dead pixels and have been through swap after swap to get a perfect one and I can tell you now its the thing to do :)

a little water immersion of the psp always gives good results for swapping purposes. not that i needed to do that, I had special circumstances and sony were more than happy to help me with them.

robo989 said:
My 1st psp had 4 dodgy pixels and an amount of dust under the screen

2nd had a similar amount of white ones no dust though

3rd had 2 dead white pixels

4rth had funny coloured lcd

5th (got swapped with sony this time) had a scratch but no dead pixels (or did I do that scratch by accident ;) )

6th swapped with sony again and no dead pixels and perfect :)

Wahoo

Can I vote 6 times please.

Your a hard man to please Robo, you won't be buying a nano then...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom