PsP and Ps3- region compatibility?

AndyPee!!

Hi, will a UK Ps3 recognise a japanese psp?
I did try it with my japanese psp, and link to my uk ps3 but it keeps saying 'there is no psp plugged in' even though there is?
I trust they are incompatible?:nono:

paulst10

Distinguished Member
have you updated your psp ?

chaos prime

Standard Member
PSP = US (3.03)
PS3 = HK (1.6)

Works fine. Yeah, you need fw 3.00+ for connectivity with PS3.

cause_of_chaos

Buffo

Hi, will a UK Ps3 recognise a japanese psp?
I did try it with my japanese psp, and link to my uk ps3 but it keeps saying 'there is no psp plugged in' even though there is?
I trust they are incompatible?:nono:

I get the same error and I have a uk ps3 and jap psp. Although I have the custom firmware 3.10OE-A' which may be causing a problem (although others have had success with the custom firmware). As a previous poster says, make sure your psp firmware to the latest version. I'd be interested to hear more from anyone else.

Sporran

i got a Jap PSP running the firmware update that came out about a week ago and a UK PS3 and have no problems.

Have just tried the basics, including controlling the XMB and streaming one of the movie clips.

freero

I`ve connected my jap PSP to my UK PS3 with no probs also. Had to update the PSP firmware to the latest version first though to get it to work.

dcfcviper

My Jap PSP works with my UK PS3. :thumbsup:

PS3 needs frimware 1.60 and PSP 3.11 fo it to work i think.

If you stll get a problem, try using the SIXAXIS USB cable because that worked for me when my usual PSP cable didn't.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom