1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP and Phillips HD120 player

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by FGEvans, Aug 16, 2005.

1. FGEvans

FGEvans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may be a dumb question but i am waiting to recieve my Philips 120HD mp3 player which has a 20 gb hard drive (only £93 delivered at woolies).

Anyway the player also acts as a normal hard drive and storage device for files etc.

I assume i can store movie files on the player. However would i be able to plug my PSP into the player and get a movie file from there onto the PSP with a 1GB card.

The phillips has an ordinary usb cable connection.

2. saeco

saeco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Yes .. u can, provided u hav the software to retrieve files .. i think file assistant for psp hav the option ... it's a homebrew application. Anyway, as far as i know ... the usb port for psp n philips are the same (mini B i guess) .. so u still need a computer to do the transfer unless there's a mini-B to mini-B cable.

3. FGEvans

FGEvans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is It Possible To Buy A Mini-b To Mini B Cable Anywhere.

4. saeco

saeco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Not sure ... as far as i know .. i nv saw a minib 2 minib b4. Mayb in future or make it urself ... if u got alot of extra usb cable.

5. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    It won't work, unless the external drive has some sort of operating system that will recognise the PSP. Technically, it is more than possible, and maybe a company down the line might make something, but at the moment, the best you can do is buy a bigger memory stick.

The PSP is a child/slave device. It needs a parent/master device to transfer stuff. An external drive would be seen as a slave device so it's no go.