Psp 2 M33 3.52/oe

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right guys gonna get a PSP had one ages ago got rid, but now I have a PS3 obviously wanna play and use the lovely remote connection features available. I just wondered if anyone knew for sure if I buy a new slim line version will that still be downgradable to install M33 3.52 files for homebrew etc, or will Sony have some sort of block on the hardware/firmware etc to make it unhackable at all if that makes sense?
If not i may just consider get a deal off fleabay with some games etc and save some cash, but personally a nice new PSP 2 with TV out would be spot on !!

It'll have the latest firmware at the time of release I would imagine. But they'll probably find a way to downgrade the firmware, or some way to allow homebrew... but maybe not for the first few months.

I got rid of my PSP a while ago, I'm tempted to get the new one when it's released!

cheers mate, thought as much they would have the latest firmware release on it, but like you said there is bound to be a release sooner rather than later from some clever ppl out there to downgrade.
Has anyone here physically seen the new PSP2 to descibe if its thats much slimmer/better than the previous version ?

There's a few Youtube videos

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_ku9nmA8U

Looks quite a bit slimmer, other than that (and the apparant 8GB storage), it doesn't look all that different..... but 8GB! Shame about the lack of any sort of ergonomic redesign, looks just as awkward to hold as the other one, and the analog nub still as useless down there in the corner, perhaps even more so with less console to grab hold of.

But I always though the PSP's best feature was video playback anyway

It's not out till March though is it?

There's a few Youtube videos

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_ku9nmA8U

Looks quite a bit slimmer, other than that (and the apparant 8GB storage), it doesn't look all that different..... but 8GB! Shame about the lack of any sort of ergonomic redesign, looks just as awkward to hold as the other one, and the analog nub still as useless down there in the corner, perhaps even more so with less console to grab hold of.

But I always though the PSP's best feature was video playback anyway

It's not out till March though is it?

It's out next month, no hardrive though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom