psp 1000 firmware upgrade

stevedemp23

Standard Member
i have just got my 1st psp it is a psp1000 and has firmware v3.00 on it and was wanting to upgrade to a firmware that would allow me to play homebrew games direct from memory stick.can anyone tell me how to go about doing this.

Scotty

i have just got my 1st psp it is a psp1000 and has firmware v3.00 on it and was wanting to upgrade to a firmware that would allow me to play homebrew games direct from memory stick.can anyone tell me how to go about doing this.
take a look here

stevedemp23

Standard Member
i tried to upgrade the firmware but it did not seem to work still showing firmware v3.00.I only have a 32mb memory stick do i need a larger one,any help would be very much appreciated as i've only just started using a psp.:lease:

Scotty

I would advise a larger stick, but to upgrade to OFW (original firmware) 5.03 should be achievable with a 32mb stick

You need to be on 5.03 before you can run ChickHEN

When you have Chickhen running then you can try the next section

stevedemp23

Standard Member
ok got firmware 5.03 on and now trying to get chickhen on but every time i try to open memory card then chickhen all i get is a white screen then psp switches off is this normal and do i just have to keep trying to get chickhen to go on

Scotty

ok got firmware 5.03 on and now trying to get chickhen on but every time i try to open memory card then chickhen all i get is a white screen then psp switches off is this normal and do i just have to keep trying to get chickhen to go on
yes just keep trying, it can take a while

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom