• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PSN Updates

Tony Hoyle

UK PSN update is up.

We get... wait for it...

Soduku.

That's it. Nothing else. No other games or trailers.

At this rate I'm going to have to look at getting a US credit card so I can sign up there.

MattZani

Banned
what are you on about? we've had flOw, Super Rub a Dub, and more content!

Tony Hoyle

Well I just signed up a US account (can't buy anything yet - will have to talk to the boss about a US credit card).

What a difference. We are being totally shafted in the UK.

Games:
Mortal Kombat II
Qbert
Cash Guns Chaos
Addons for Sonic
Trailers for:
Mortal Kombat
LittleBigPlanet
GTA IV
Behind the scenes at Motorstorm
Warhawk
Lair
Calling all cars
Dark Kingdom

Plus another 32 movie trailers that we don't have.

Also They can already download PSone games for the PSP for ~£2 each! I thought that was just a 'future' thing. Clearly only for us.

I really don't see why the difference. Maybe for movie trailers (well, some of them) - movie studios love to carve up the market - but the other stuff (especally the PSOne games) should already be there IMO.

angelislington

Tony, I see your point mate but the US Store has been up and running for a few months more than ours. In six months if the situation is still the same then that would be a different deal and we really would have been shafted.

Here's hoping...

Tony Hoyle

The problem is it aint getting better... it looks like the EU store is being done by a different team and they think one game a week is enough - but we're getting further behind that way. Can't see why we don't have the GTA4 trailer for example, or the LittleBigPlanet trailer. It's there, already on the other stores.. wouldn't have been much effort for them to add them. Even Spiderman3 is on every other site except ours.

PSN has the possibility of being a real resource - but they're gonna have to get the updates sorted out. Of course it isn't looking like it's going to end up like the PSP site (which last saw movement sometime in 2006) - we're a ways from that yet.

My real fear I guess is what happens when downloadable movies and TV come out. Sony presumably have the ability to get the rights for this stuff where MS and Apple couldn't - but will they?

Steve_P

The US store should work with a UK Mastercard, you shouldn't need to take out a US specific credit card, it only seems to refuse UK Visa cards. Also worth signing up to the Hong Kong store to have a look at what the Japanese/Asian online store have available ;)

S.

Tony Hoyle

The address field has 'United States' hardwired though so I'm not sure it'd work for a CC transaction. For postal purposes that's fine.. I just use our US office and stuff gets forwarded to me anyway.

Maybe I'll try later - would like qbert at least.

btw. LittleBigPlanet is absolutely awesome on a big screen - makes me want the thing even more.

sickofusernames

Standard Member
Tony, I see your point mate but the US Store has been up and running for a few months more than ours. In six months if the situation is still the same then that would be a different deal and we really would have been shafted.

Here's hoping...

Isn't being 'shafted' a way of living in the UK anyway? I've finally succumbed to the situation and thankfully my company pays me enough to be frivolous enough

I'm off to play Rfom online - anyone care to bash my head in with the butt of their gun many times? JDM190 :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom