PSN Store - How do they download full games to your HDD drive?

C

Carlos_kingdom

Does anyone know what technology is used in order to transfer data from the psn store onto your hdd drive?

Isn't it just the same as a PC download?

All I thought it was, was data on a server.

I imagine they use a HTTP transfer. They definately don't use any Peer-to-Peer method.

Cheers,

So are there any websites out there where you can pay to download full games or demos other than the PSN store?

If not can it be done?

Cheers,

So are there any websites out there where you can pay to download full games or demos other than the PSN store?

If not can it be done?

Doubt it as then you'd be free to copy at will. I would think it's pretty much only downloadable on the PS3 you want it on.

Couldn't you get a license from the game developers for a fee and sell games direct to a customer from their ps3 online instead of the psn store?

Fairly sure that would go against the carefully constructed business model put together by Sony (and MS) and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Couldn't you get a license from the game developers for a fee and sell games direct to a customer from their ps3 online instead of the psn store?

Konami do that through their own store for MGS4, but it is mega pants, worse than PSN! :)

I know sony will have a carefully constructed business model for these sort of things, but what happens when almost everything goes online in the future?

Instead of having physical shops won't there need to be online competition to rival companies like sony i.e couldn't play or amazon set up their own online store to download games rather than sell a physical disc?

Konami do that through their own store for MGS4, but it is mega pants, worse than PSN! :)

Yeah, I dunno why they don't just integrate with the PSN store, it would be much better, and much less hassle buying stuff using that bloody Konami ID system.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom