PSN Status

Whatever the reason, genuine outage, ddos or anything else for that matter, it's absolutely ridiculous the amount of times it goes down. Simply not acceptable from such a large organisation.

Might be the same lot that took down the Beeb site last week.

Whatever the reason, genuine outage, ddos or anything else for that matter, it's absolutely ridiculous the amount of times it goes down. Simply not acceptable from such a large organisation.
How many times has it been down in 2015 though for that statement?

I can't think of that many unplanned outages at all tbh.

I've still not forgiven them for the 2011 hack/ outage, how long was it almost a month. :D

I've still not forgiven them for the 2011 hack/ outage, how long was it almost a month. :D
Forgiven them enough to keep giving them money though ;) :p

I just don't put any payment details on there or live anymore. Don't need to. So don't.

Granted 2015 wasn't their worst year for downtime but If I pay for a 365 day sub for example then I expect it to be available to me for the full term of the membership. It's not an 11 month and 360 odd day sub so if if they can't provide that then I'm entitled to feel aggrieved imo.

That's obviously just my opinion of course and I've no issue if you don't share it and I do appreciate technical 'glitches' do occur. As long as they acknowledge it and compensate accordingly, which I know they have done previously by extending memberships, then fair play but, imo, they should be doing more to prevent this from happening.

Regardless of whether last year wasn't so bad, as far as I'm concerned it still goes down more than it should.

Just gone to play need for speed and I can't so frustrating stupid always online games that's the thing that annoys me the most.

Games nowadays have more reliance on PSN being up - more then it feels like they really need IMO.

I have that deadly man flu so am unable to play at the moment. But it has stopped me putting some PS Plus onto my account and a potential purchase of Mad Max.

Hope it's back up in a few days when my man flu has died.

Can Sony do anything at all about DDOS attacks ?

Been on Destiny all afternoon, seems fine if you were on before it went down, weird.

If this is anything to go by, whatever the issue is will not be a quick/easy fix

ImageUploadedByAVForums1451949841.846070.jpg

Last edited:
Cant make anything out at all there.

Oh sorry, original upload was heavily compressed. I've edited the image for better quality. The white bar close to the top seems to suggest it could be ongoing until 7th Jan

Bloody typical, kids back in school tomorrow so bed early, means more time to play the PS for me and then this happens!

Not holding much hope in it getting fixed anytime soon. The lack of any kind of meaningful update from Sony is very telling

Downloading off the store via the Vita 2 min ago.

Edit: don't know why it worked, got lucky I guess? I could see the store, searched for unit 13 and downloaded to completion.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom