PSN Status

Still down for me, I can't believe in this day and age it would take till the 7th to fix. An issue that affects millions of people will have swarms of engineers all over it.

Anyway, doesn't look like it's going to be back up tonight, so an early night for me and yes 23:50 is an early night. ;)

Bloody typical, kids back in school tomorrow so bed early, means more time to play the PS for me and then this happens!

Not holding much hope in it getting fixed anytime soon. The lack of any kind of meaningful update from Sony is very telling
Same as me got the kids sat down to play some need for speed and its nackard. I wonder if it is off till the 7th we getting some freebies?

How many times has it been down in 2015 though for that statement?

I can't think of that many unplanned outages at all tbh.

Don't think there's been anything of note since last Christmas's attack.

For me one of the biggest issues, as always, is that Sony's communications on the subject fail the Turing test.

How hard is to to tell people what's going on and give them something of an expectation of how long it will take, supplemented by regular (i.e. more than once a day) updates on progress.

It's back up now. So should be good to go for your breakfast gaming :D

A hint at compensation here:

PlayStation on Twitter

A little odd as I didn't think it was down long, maybe it was for some, it didn't really affect us, but I did have a funny with Mad Max of all games, I need to check I can get back on that. The PS App can sign in no worries this morning..

A hint at compensation here:

PlayStation on Twitter

A little odd as I didn't think it was down long, maybe it was for some, it didn't really affect us, but I did have a funny with Mad Max of all games, I need to check I can get back on that. The PS App can sign in no worries this morning..
Excellent. Hopefully get those 12 hours or whatever it was added on......and a free game. Oh there better be a free game or I'll go nuts!!!

Best be a AAA game Sony!!

The comments are rather funny (twitter), first world problems I guess.

Last edited:
It was annoying being down but on the upside at least Netflix was working still, gave me time to carry on binge watching House of Cards.

The comments rolling in over at Down Detector.UK are nothing short of hilarious.
Excellent. Hopefully get those 12 hours or whatever it was added on......and a free game. Oh there better be a free game or I'll go nuts!!!

I would just be happy with the 5p refund for the half day lost on the yearly subscription. :p

I would just be happy with the 5p refund for the half day lost on the yearly subscription. :p
Woah easy now. Let's not get too greedy. Triple A game will just about cover the pain and distress I've been through.

1 day extension

Due to the recent PlayStation®Network interruption we are giving you a 1-day extension to your PlayStation®Plus subscription.* Please redeem the following voucher code** by March 31, 2016, 11:59 PM GMT:

Not bad considering I wasn't even affected :)

One day!!!!! where's my AAA :mad::mad: Giving me more than the time period it was down!!!! Its an outrage I tell you......... an outrage!

So its down for less then a day and you get an extra day out of it?
Seriously, what do people want? What would you class as appropriate compensation?
I don't get the moaning either really. People are getting double the time back that it was down.

If anything it should have just been automatically just added rather than having to add the code ourselves but that's a convenience more than anything.

TBH they didn't REALLY have to give back at all. It was a blip. Unfortunate but these things happen. Doesn't happen that often at all and the same things happen to Live and no one's wanting compensation, although snoop dog wasn't happy mind!!

I've had several breeches, downtimes and instability on various services from banks to ISP's over the last year. Responses vary from an apology message to full blown compensation worth well over £100 (Talk Talk).

I think Sony's service this year has been very stable, this downtime was the first I've noticed for quite sometime and affected me for a couple of hours, where I fired up a single player game instead (good excuse to play Kings Quest :D) So a day extension is a good response, effectively meaning you didn't pay for that period of time your service was down.

However, when I couldn't access online accounts at 2 different banks over the year, a little, sorry for the inconvenience message appeared in the messages section. Doesn't help if you needed financial services during the downtime..

Talk Talk was far more serious and I think they knew people were about to walk (me included) if they didn't react generously..

Wow, talk about a slap in the face. I think no compensation would've been better.
I'm sure he'd have been happier with no compensation. :D

I got free calls to mobiles for 12 months from talk talk which is normally a £7.50 add on so £90 worth of compensation.

Might be worth checking again, we got half price package for a year, worth £120 on top of a free sim for a year, worth £60. The sim may have been a loyalty bonus, but I saw the free mobile calls when selecting the sim deal.

Might be worth checking again, we got half price package for a year, worth £120 on top of a free sim for a year, worth £60. The sim may have been a loyalty bonus, but I saw the free mobile calls when selecting the sim deal.
I was already on a really good deal that I negotiated with them before the security breach so I'm happy with what I have. I was already getting my call package free for the duration of the contract plus 9 months free calls to moblies so I just got them to add the free mobile calls perk for the entire remainder. Basically all I'm paying is line rental for 18 months and getting unlimited internet and 24/7 free calls to landlines and mobiles. Wouldn't want to be greedy now. :D

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom