PSN: LG lied about the LG Nano96 how to get full refund !

ZEMUS90

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear readers and owners of the nano96 please read !!!

I myself bought a LG Nano96 8k TV back in March 2022 had it a few months mainly got if for General use TV shows, movies, but also for games after looking at the TV for awhile looking at reviews I ordered one all was fine with the TV was really impressed till I plugged in a xbox series x after finally getting hold of one.

To my surprise I noticed VRR would work on the xbox it Was grey out I check the HDMI cable was working brand new high end 8k 2.1 hdmi cable not the standard xbox cable I then tried the factory xbox standard HDMI and still no VRR I then when online to see if was a issue with TV found a few vague comments about it but nothing about if not working at all so looking on LG own website looked at specs and the advertisement information and marketing information and the user manual (page 95) and then realised that the nano96 dose not have or support VRR and nivada G-sync what so ever.

After contacting and arguing with LG for a week being called a lier by them over the phone and LG a week later eventually telling me over the phone the TV doesn't have it or support it you have the wrong model I then emailed LG with proof (screen shots) of their error From thier own website (screen shot below) and my retailer Huges and a few retailers websites showing the they have miss sold, falsely advertised and marketed the LG Nano96 possible the 95 also as a fully next generation gameing consoles compatible TV when it's actually not fully compatible it's well its technically half compatible 🤣

(it's not the retailers fault the manufacturer sends the retailers the advertisement and marketing information including spec's)

LG have since admitted its mistake after over 2 weeks of looking into it apparently

I personally returned my LG Nano96 to the retailer ( huges ) they where great and helpful and looked into it for 5 mins and confirmed the issue full refund was issued and I'm also awaiting a discount on a new LG TV from LG 15% off as way of appoligie but is taking awhile to get the discount been 2 weeks almost.

When I asked LG if product recall I was told its cheaper not to publicly inform owners of the mistake and LG would deal with customers on a case by case basis so by law after talking to my solicitor anyone who bought the LG nano96 8k TV before the 16th june 2022 the date they updated the website and removed VRR and nivada G-sync from the LG website Spec list can legally return it to LG or the retailer (where ever you bought it from) for a full refund your welcome enjoy your full refund below is few screenshots I have more available should anyone need anything to help with their refund

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220611-112110_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220611-112110_Chrome.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20220611-111945_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220611-111945_Chrome.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20220616-011237_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220616-011237_Chrome.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20220616-133150_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220616-133150_Chrome.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
You'd expect LG to at least fix their website. Clearly LG KR has no real idea what LG UK is doing. How reassuring.

You'd expect LG to at least fix their website. Clearly LG KR has no real idea what LG UK is doing. How reassuring.
Would of thought so apparently website is pretty new and KR/head office basically told them to just get on with it seems to me people in charge of website lack experience in managing it and the catalogue of products and its information correctly so I kinda expect this thing to happen agin with something els but only time will tell

None of LG's 8K LED TV's support VRR to the best of my knowledge and reviews.

VRR support is omitted from the specs on some LG 8K models but its not always made so clear on all the models and changes depending on the region.

Also LG's Instant Game Response is the toggle for both ALLM and VRR so while the TV does support IGR/ALLM it does not support VRR so yeah bad oversight on their part in market tech specs.

FYI VRR isn't much use on an 8K 60Hz display, that limits the range to 48-60Hz even if were supported.

I'm absolutely convinced the same has happened to me lately,I had a fault on my old Hisense 50 U7QF well inside the warranty period the retailer where I purchased kindly let me replace and I went for a LG 50UQ9100 because on the LG webpage it said it had VRR,HDMI 2.1 and a 120hz refresh rate so a reasonable spec I wish I had took a screenshot because now it apparently has none of these.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely convinced the same has happened to me lately,I had a fault on my old Hisense 50 U7QF well inside the warranty period the retailer where I purchased kindly let me replace and I went for a LG 50UQ9100 because on the LG webpage it said it had VRR,HDMI 2.1 and a 120hz refresh rate so a reasonable spec I wish I had took a screenshot because now it apparently has none of these.
You would be well within your right to return the TV i belive all you would need to do it get the retailer to arrange pick up

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom