• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PSN Game prices

Still considering this!

Could anyone tell me how much the games are to buy from PSN please compared with a UMD and also is the choice getting better (i.e. do they add to it weekly?)

Thanks!

McCol

Prices on the whole are more expensive than umd, although they do have weekly offers on maybe 3-5 games at a time.

Every so often a game is cheaper on the store, I bought modnation racers for £16, cheapest i could see it on umd was around £20. Most new releases make it on to the PSN store but not all and the range of old games is lacking. Quite a good range of PS1 classics though, and they have just added psp essentials at £6.99. There are 9 games so far in that range although more should be added soon.

some games are way overpriced though, an example being Need for Speed:Shift, i've seen this online and in store on umd for approx £15-20 but on PSN it is £31.99.

Had a look last night on the PS3 PSN store - didnt realise it was the same as the PSP one.

Lots of games on there, more than I though and most not too badly priced really.

Think I'm gonna order one today. Thanks for your help.

rexel1

don't forget to use psn vouchers from the likes of zavvi or thehut, gives you in effect a 18-20% discount from the listed psn prices

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom