• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PSN Cards

stevenM

Banned
Has anyone brought one of these from ebay for the US store. Jsut wondering if they send you the actual card or just email you the code.

Thanks

[email protected]

Prominent Member
Apparently they also email them to you ... but charge you $9.00 for "handling fees". I asked them about this and they said it was cover the cost for them to get the card etc etc ... needless to say I didn't buy from them after that.

bubs999

Prominent Member
Apparently they also email them to you ... but charge you $9.00 for "handling fees". I asked them about this and they said it was cover the cost for them to get the card etc etc ... needless to say I didn't buy from them after that.

Is that from the link I posted?
If so then I won't use them either and will stick with ebay

[email protected]

Prominent Member
Is that from the link I posted?
If so then I won't use them either and will stick with ebay

Below is the email enquiry that I made

Subject: Enquiry from HD Movie Source
To: "HD Movie Source" <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 5:50 AM

I wished to purchase a US PSN Card from your store, but each time I add it to
my basket I get a $9 shipping charge added. Since the voucher code is going to
be emailed to me I wondered how to get rid of the shipping charge. Thanks

and their reply

The shipping price is Handling charge and taxes, as we have to get these from a store and pay NY Sales tax on top of the price.

Thanks
Glen
HD Movie Source
www.hdmoviesource.com

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
CVG said:
PSN cards headed to Europe?

Pay cards finally coming to Europe, according to retailer.

Europe could finally be getting prepaid PlayStation Network cards, according to an online retailer listing.

Belgian site consoleshop.be is currently listing prepaid PSN cards - in €20 and €50 denominations - for release on October 1, the same day that the PSP Go launches. The site is also offering pre-orders on PSP Go and PSN card bundles.

PSN cards, which customers can purchase and then redeem to download games, are currently available outside of Europe, notably in Japan and North America, and PSN director of operations Eric Lempel said recently that US stores are doing "a pretty good PlayStation card business."

While no plans have officially been announced to sell PSN cards in Europe, the upcoming launch of the download-only PSP Go has seen retailers call on Sony to introduce new initiatives to help stores drive sales.

"You need to see some sort of revenue streams coming off the back of these machines, otherwise from a retail point of view it's just not worth it, and so Sony will need to come up with some sort of mechanism so that if we're going to sell the machine it's beneficial to ourselves and to our customers," Chips MD Don McCabe told us last month.

We contacted Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for comment, and were told that the image pictured is actually an altered US PSN card. The company has yet to return our request for comment on the possibility of PSN cards being introduced in Europe.

Looks positive. :thumbsup:

News: PSN cards headed to Europe? - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

pompeysteve

Established Member
Does anyone know if the UK PSN cards can be used to top-up a US PSN account wallet? I use entropay at the mo but would be handy for friends who can no longer use entropay

Markeboy1234

Standard Member
Do we know when in September these PSN cards will be available in the UK?

Hi All

I asked about the PSN card availability question last week to Game.co.uk and they replied today 11/09/2009 with this (see below)

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your email.

I have spoken to our buying team and as yet we are unsure whether we will be stocking these cards or not.

However this may change and as soon as we have more information we will update our website at GAME.co.uk - Buy video games, consoles and accessories with free UK delivery - GAME.co.uk.

Regards,

Sam B

The Team at GAME

QUESTION
So why would they not sell the PSN cards then (not long for the release of the PSPGO)? This is the only way to sell games for the PSPGO from the high street stores, as all the games will be DLC only. If they sell the cards then they will be making some money (might not be much) on each sale rather than not participating at all.

Regards Mark

Any ideas?

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Finally got my Zavvi ones today. I ordered them around 6 weeks ago.

Had bought 2x £20 cards for £16 so effectively 20% discount.

They have dropped them to £15 last time I checked too.

Was hoping to use them on Map Pack 4 for WaW, but this now seems like it is not coming.

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Finally got my Zavvi ones today. I ordered them around 6 weeks ago.

Had bought 2x £20 cards for £16 so effectively 20% discount.

They have dropped them to £15 last time I checked too.

Was hoping to use them on Map Pack 4 for WaW, but this now seems like it is not coming.

Do you have a link, searched the website but cant find anything related to " psn cards "

Mark.

RevanClaw

Established Member
I don't see the need for these cards unless they are at a discount!

Why don't you just have your card details on the PSN and update your wallet through debit card?

If they are at a discount, they save you money...if they are more than the value (ie. pay £23 for a £20 card) why would someone do this?:lesson:

jt2k6

Established Member

Why don't you just have your card details on the PSN and update your wallet through debit card?

If they are at a discount, they save you money...if they are more than the value (ie. pay £23 for a £20 card) why would someone do this?:lesson:

IMHO

potentially some people may not have access to a debit or credit card, so cash is the only option.

ttfn

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member

Firstly you can get the cards cheaper. I got my 2x £20 cards for £16 each from Zavvi. That works out as a massive 20% discount.

Secondly a few people on my friends list are under 18, they do not have credit cards and their parants (probably rightly so) do not trust giving them their details to input online therefore downloadable content like the Call of Duty map packs is out of their reach.

With these they can just pop into their local game store and pay the cash for the card.

ibrox_grfc

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know of anywhere reliable to buy the US cards? I've seen them on a few places but you'd end up paying about $30 for a $20 card. The US PSN store has lots of stuff that the UK didn't get such as (PS1/PSP) Resident Evil 1, 2 + 3 and Dino Crisis . Their MGS is also a lot cheaper plus they also got COD1 (infinity ward version) for the PS3 (in HD) this week

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Does anyone know of anywhere reliable to buy the US cards? I've seen them on a few places but you'd end up paying about $30 for a $20 card. The US PSN store has lots of stuff that the UK didn't get such as (PS1/PSP) Resident Evil 1, 2 + 3 and Dino Crisis . Their MGS is also a lot cheaper plus they also got COD1 (infinity ward version) for the PS3 (in HD) this week

Ebay would be simplest but they have stopped instant codes being sold now (although I am sure the seller would email you the code if you asked). I have some American friends on my XBOX friends list and I considered asking them to pick me one up. Also member M4rkie owns a Instant Code business, I'll probably ask him if he can source them today. Will let you know.

Mr-Bananas

Prominent Member
If I get hold of a US PSN card and buy some PSOne games from the US store, does it work the same way as demos from the US store ?

If I download a US demo, and connect my PSP to my PS3, I have to sign in with my US account and register my PSP with that account.

The problem then is that none of my UK stuff works, until I reassign my PSP back over to my UK account.

Basically if I have UK and USA content on my PSP, can I play both withount messing around with accounts.

Hope that makes sense........:lease:

fanpages

Established Member
...Basically if I have UK and USA content on my PSP, can I play both withount messing around with accounts...

Not that I know of... I use two PSP consoles; one for European Store content & one for US Store content (albeit on a Japanese console).

BFN,

fp.

fanpages

Established Member
Ebay would be simplest but they have stopped instant codes being sold now (although I am sure the seller would email you the code if you asked). I have some American friends on my XBOX friends list and I considered asking them to pick me one up. Also member M4rkie owns a Instant Code business, I'll probably ask him if he can source them today. Will let you know.

FYI: Renchi.com sell both 20 USD & 50 USD PlayStation Network cards with shipping to the UK within 6 days.

However, they charge more than face value (in US dollars) for each card so the UK currency equivalent is more than the appropriate amount of currency applied to your US PlayStation Network account.

USD20 card is US$27.90 (£16.68).
USD50 card is US$61.90 (£37.02).

Prices include shipping & you can pay via PayPal though.

BFN,

fp.

Wingsurfer

Prominent Member
Hi folks,

I appreciate that advice has been given earlier in this thread but since it is very old I would like to know if anybody has more recent recommendations?

I'm in the UK & would like to buy a voucher code to use in the US PSN store. I will pay with a UK visa debit card, or via paypal. I will need to have the code emailed to me on the same day as the order is placed/paid for.

I've had a look on google which does show a number of results but I am reluctant to order from some random website for obvious reasons.

I'm looking for somebody with experience of buying voucher codes in this fashion to steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance :eek:)

Me

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom