Psm3

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Mandark, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Mandark

Mandark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, PSM2 has been relaunched and now calls itself the first PS3 magazine. Not bought it though.

The official PS3 magazine can't be far away now. You just know that the launch edition will come in a box containing a surprisingly thin magazine, a DVD with vids you've already seen and may be some sort of car sticker or something. And you just know that the day after you bought it in your local paper shop for £5.99 or more that you'll see it in HMV or Virgin the next day for half price. :D

2. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    I think the OPS3 mag goes on sale in September IIRC.

3. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    There is also meant to be another PS3 magazine out this month:
    http://ps3.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=60524

It's Next3 by the Publishers of Play. Retail is meant to be £4 per issue with a DVD in the September release.

4. lokideviluk

lokideviluk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought the mag, and subscribed to it. Its true that most of the information I have already seen and the DVD did little to add anything although it let me see the demos in high'ish def as opposed to on my laptop.

I bought more or less for completeness, and will subscribe to the Official Playstion 3 magazine when it eventually launches.

I do agree though, it aint exactly the fullest magazine.

5. psikey

psikey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,036
    I gave up on magazines and now just subscribe to Gamespot.com get trailers in HD for download when available, quicker more detailed coverage and much cheaper than mags.

6. lokideviluk

lokideviluk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im subscribed to the IGN ring of websites which offers me all that kind of stuff, the usual high def trailers etc etc however there is something to be said for magazines. For instance I get the train to work each morning and It usually takes me a few days to read it and ill go back and re read parts of it, meaning the mag lasts about a week on average.

Also there is always that nice feeling of coming home to find the postie has delivered the mag, sounds sad, but true.

7. Mandark

Mandark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. I'm a techno magazine junkie. Love the glossiness and smell of fresh print! :)

8. Welsh Whirlwind

Welsh Whirlwind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    I'm currently a suscriber to PSM3, and yes, I do agree the mag is kinda spreading itself a little thin at the mo, covering PS2/PSP and PS3.. But on that note I still consider it to be one of the best mags out there as far as reviews/breaking news is concerned. Personally I will not even consider buying a game until i read what the PSM3 team thinks about it, and, to this date I have never been disappointed.
    On another point.. there's alot of people who consider these 'official' magazines get certain exclusive scoops on certain 'conditions' - if you know what I mean...
    I trust the unbiased views of the PSM3 team and still consider it to be one of the best mags out there for playstation users.

9. PlexShaw

PlexShaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +538
    PSM2 is one of the funniest gaming magazines I've ever read, and I would hope that PSM3 will continue this trend (given that the changes appear to be little more than cosmetic).