PSM Output to SCART

lovegroova

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to take the output of my PSM-equipped DVD32, and connect it to an RGB SCART equipped TV.

Do I just need to set the output of the PSM to RGB and connect a SCART to 3 BNC cable like this? http://www.keene.co.uk/cgi-bin/bigcodesearch.pl?SBB32

Will the fact that the signal is progressive mean that things won't work?

Thanks.

Hi

First, you need to make sure that your TV can handle a progressive scan signal, not many CRT TV's can.

If not, you will have to stay with S-Video via scart until you upgrade you TV.

My memory is a little fuzzy on this - I dont think the PSM outputs interlaced RGB, only de-interlaced.

Thanks,

Just to be clear:
interlaced = non-progressive and;
interlaced = progressive.

Correct?

Hi, the PSM192 outputs a deinterlaced (= progressively scanned) picture. The output can be YPrPb or RGB.

A RGB Scart input expects, in contrast, an interlaced signal [I would be surprised if there were exceptions], i.e. you cannot connect the PSM192 that way.

Hi Udo :) Sorry to hijack the thread but what type of RGB does the PSM 192 output? As its on three BNCs, I asuume its RGsB rather than RGBS or RGBHV? :)

Again from memory, RGB with sync on green (apologies if my memory is wrong, I will shoot it later).

edit:

I got beaten too it! :clap:

Thanks all. Looks like another plan will have to be formulated.

You can feed an interlaced CRT TV (most are except for some new models from toshiba and panasonic) from the RCA ouput of a DVD32R/PSM192 via a JS or Keene box..... This naturally doesn't use the PSM though! Frankly i wouldn't bother though as the s-video feed is easily good enough for a standard CRT TV........

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom