PSM all products out of stock, Alternative?

gpt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just looking at buying some screen material to make my own screen. I believe PSM was the UK's go to supplier but everything in there website is listed as out of stock, anyone know if they are disappearing?

Also are there any good alternative s at present? I don't need AT material and my room is light controlled and dark

Cheers

Pete

I've seen guys say they built there screens for under 150... In this thread with filmed its cost just under 500!

Automated D.I.Y. masking and acoustically transparent screen (Now with pictorial/video tutorial!).

Way past my budget atm

The filmex fabric is £20 a metre on the site, minimum order 3m it recommends two layers for a screen, depending on what you use for a fixed frame its should be round £150 or less total.

Its only going to get expensive if you go down the route of a masking system.

I used to have a pull down Dalite screen that got some wrinkles. I cut the fabric off the roller and using bungy cord and staples its flat and wrinkle free on a DIY £30 timber fixed frame. You can get velvet border tape for the edges.

The masking is just the icing on the cake which I will get around to one day.[emoji1]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom