PSB Imagine XA Dolby Atmos Speaker Review & Comments

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Steve Withers, Dec 28, 2016.

1. purextc69

purextc69

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +85
      Question for you guys and girls... If you're setting your crossovers high for these (150Hz +) and the sub you have does not go that high then do you loose all the frequency in between say the max for your sub and this speaker?

2. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +591
      It should be capable of going much higher (T9) if you aren`t using your subwoofers internal crossover. -> using the low level connection with RCA cable, low freq knob to highest hz/LFE. So your avr would do the bass management, this way it should be able to reach higher than 120hz. I asked this same question many years ago from BK which are very similar designs to REL, and that was the answer basically. Also i have data from BK XLS200/Monolith and when bypassed then it shows freq response all the way to 200hz. You can ask about this from REL if you want to be 100% sure.

3. purextc69

purextc69

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +85
      Sounds good thanks for that. That is how mine is setup currently (not an issue with my other speakers) but my bedroom setup soon to be installed might need to use a higher crossover.